• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need information

Status
Not open for further replies.

debby

Checking out the neighborhood
I am new to this website and not really sure if you discuss wild birds, but I have a European starling. He was diagnosed with leukemia yesterday and is scheduled to start chemo drugs this week. Looking for information on leukemia and treatments in birds. Does anyone have any information/ thanks in advance

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
oh my gosh....i do hope thetreatment will help him..welcome..hopefully soemone will come on to help

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica

debby

Checking out the neighborhood
Yes, I have posted on their forum. I'm checking everywhere that I can get help. Thanks so much!!!!;)

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
good luck to you and your little buddy, and thank you for giving him the help he needs:)

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
I can't find much info in regards to leukemia except that it is clased as a: Retroviridae type of virus.

it is also a transmitable virus, so take care with disinfection and quarentine this bird from other birds.

I can't find much on treatment except that something called: Mibilerone from 1-49 days treatment after hatching. And an Amazon treated fro 32 weeks on prednisolone to reduce masses, but survial after treatment was less than a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.