• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need help

lissabon

Moving in
I bought baby lovebird 3 days ago. i feed with hand. Everything good. But i noticed tiny dot he the eye. He is blinking a lot. So i tried clean he eyes with cotton but didn't work. What can i do? Pls help me. i could't know what must i do.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
If your bird has something in its eye my suggestion would be to take it to the vet to have the foreign body removed without damaging the actual eye

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Can you post a picture of your bird's eye?

lissabon

Moving in
If your bird has something in its eye my suggestion would be to take it to the vet to have the foreign body removed without damaging the actual eye
I have more chance win jackbot than finding vet my country. Especialy vet for birds.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I have more chance win jackbot than finding vet my country. Especialy vet for birds.
Then some saline to wash/flush the eye out may help to remove whatever it is.

CrazyKozmo

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rebecca
Good job on the photos! My birds would not let me take such nice photos! I would try flushing the eye with saline solution (normally the rinse for contact lens) as @Shezbug suggested.

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
I would worry that might be an ulcer but if it was it would hurt badly and bird probably be holding it shut with lots of tearing. Without a vet I agree that using saline is your best option for now

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
@lissabon
It does not look like a foreign body to me. It looks like it is integral to the eye.
One thing you may investigate is cholesterol deposits on the eye. My Amazon has this. She is 52 now and had it when I adopted her 15 years ago.
My vet tells me it will not go away but I can keep it from getting worse. Her body does not seem to handle cholesterol well as she sometimes develops fatty tumors which must be surgically removed if they get very large for the spot they are in. She has a special diet but it is difficult to completely control. But you may want to review your bird's diet right away. It is NOT healthy to completely eliminate all fats.
I just took this picture of her. She somehow can see quite well. Sees tiny hawks high high up when we are outside in the aviary that I can barely pick out.
Sometimes I imagine it is like she lives in a snow globe.

IMG_8765 (2).JPG