• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need help

PrisGlitzy

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi I think this is the right forum I’m new I have had a starling who I rescued she is female and more than a little crazy but recently all the feathers around her beak are gone with one pink skin underneath no new feathers she hasn’t being acting sick running around flying everywhere eating and drink as much as ever and singing but I’m still worried she takes daily bathes with clean water and has a variety of food options though she isn’t to picky but I’m really concerned she hasn’t been in contact with other birds since a young fledging (I taught her to fly) and the only animals she plays with are my dogs who get along or ignore her and my cat watches her through the cage but never anything bad so I’m not only worried but confused nothing has really change so um not sure what has happened if anyone has any idea please help me btw her name is ruffles

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Sounds like she has mites, likely picked up in the nest. Best to consult a vet and get a proper treatment plan.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Thread moved to softbill forum for better visibility.
(Wellness place is for (human) member wellbeing)

Do you have a vet you can go to? If you need help, maybe we can help you find one?
@Feather

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Hm. Sounds familiar. Does she poke her face through the bars of her cage by any chance? Here's my boy, who was guilty of indulging in the behavior.

I had to move him to a cage without bars before he would stop. This one. He looks much better these days. Unlike a parrot, you won't see any new feather growth until she has a molt.

Reactions: tka