• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

piercesdesigns

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
i have both here but am afraid to use on bird
It is OK to use on a bird. We gave Cindy Nebulizer treatments for a year. We'd put her in a dog crate covered in a towel and let the mist fill the crate with her in there.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Cough syrup??? Sheeesh!!! Personally......... they've technically given up the bird. If it was me he would not be going back. :(

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
Amazon (blue) is breathing a lil better and has more energy seems alot stronger...am going to get a couple hrs sleep and give him more fluids..i will do this every 2 hrs thank you everyone for your quick help:hug8: and thank you Amazonlove for offering to pay for his visit to the vet tomorrow for his owners who can not afford it right now(she uses the same vet im taking him to)

Jadie

Real Name
Jade
Fingers crossed for Blue:heart: Thanks for doing what you do Tanya, your awesome, and everyone who offered to help:hug8:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Tanya, how are things today? Hope you are OK as well as the bird with all the lack of sleep that you must be getting. How is he this morning? holding his own I hope. If it is something serious going on and the infection with blocked sinuses are secondary to it you will at least have given him a good starting chance to recover. God bless.:hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Tanya, hoping all goes well today with Blue. :hug5:

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
10 am here called vet am going in at 11am he has alot more energy but is still breathing poorly...poor guy he has not been out of cage in 16 yrs and here i am every 3 hrs toweling him and giving him fluids...although in between when i go in to check on him he comes to side of cage and lays his head up agingt it so i can pet him...i wish i could help make them understand there is another level to caring for your parrot(social diet enrichment ect ect)that will be my goal if he gets better to try to deucate them to better care for Blue(i do believe they love him) Thanks will post when we get back from vets

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
OMG Tanya, he hasn't been out in 16 years?? He's going to have a whole host of problems, probably pooling his in lungs from no exercise. Poor, poor guy. How in the world are they going to take care of him when they can't afford the vet?

Ginger

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I hope he's allright! 16 yrs and no out of cage time? You need to see if they truly love this bird they'd give him up for a new life!

sewing4eight

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Julie
You are doing such a great job. Hopefully you will be able to convay the importance of them changing their care habits in a way they understand. We are praying for a good visit to the vet!

crzybrdldy

Real Name
Patty
Hope all turns out well, I know it will take time. Still hoping for the best.

Please keep us posted.

The Cozy Nestbox

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
I hope things go well at the vet's and that this Amazon can be saved. I'm wondering what kind of diet this bird has been on for all these years. I have a hunch but hope I am wrong. Amazons are not the perch potatoes people make them out to be. Given space and opportunity and our Amazons move around a lot! Kept constrained to a cage and health problems are bound to develop. Thank you for doing your best for this creature.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Many prayers and good thoughts that all goes well today. :hug8:

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
Well we are home ..has chest infection...am going to be giving Baytril 2xs a day keep track of fluids and eating weigh every day and i can try breathing treatment to see if it helps with breathing keep cage at 85 and just keep giving supportive care and hope the antibotic kicks in and starts to work...Blue is not in good shape it not just the infection the vet thinks it is secondary to not being active and prob not proper diet for yrs....:hug8: for Blue

sewing4eight

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Julie
I hope you are able to explain the seriousness of this to the owners- and how to prevent this in the future if Blue happens to make it. You are such a great person!!! Praying for Blue's health and your strength while you rehab him to good health!

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
oh and im not up on my amazon types can someone tell me what kind if i post a pic? has the yellow head but a dark beak and DYH has light beak

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Yep post a pic tanya.

Glad he is doing somewhat better...yay

Status
Not open for further replies.