• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need Help! with Baby Conure

Bastion

Meeting neighbors
So glad they are getting treatment do they know what it is ?
They said it could be multiple of things, but one thing for sure is he/she are gonna loose some of the toes... a few are dead and one is extremely swollen.. I'm hoping that the Laser treatment bring down the swelling, I would know when I pick up the baby on Saturday

Bastion

Meeting neighbors
Luckily it's only affecting the toes and nowhere else on the body or legs

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
They said it could be multiple of things, but one thing for sure is he/she are gonna loose some of the toes... a few are dead and one is extremely swollen.. I'm hoping that the Laser treatment bring down the swelling, I would know when I pick up the baby on Saturday
Hoping he will be ok bless him bet you can’t wait to pick the baby up Saturday hopefully all Better

Bastion

Meeting neighbors
Hoping he will be ok bless him bet you can’t wait to pick the baby up Saturday hopefully all Better
I've called and Emailed them everyday, they must be tired of hearing from me by now.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
I've called and Emailed them everyday, they must be tired of hearing from me by now.
Aww I bet they aren’t I bet they think your brill parrot owner

Bastion

Meeting neighbors
The doctor said that she might do another round of Laser treatment again but she wanna give it a few days and see how the follow up appointment goes. Unfortunately my baby wouldn't be able to perch like my other birds but he/she will be able to run around on the floor with my Tiels since that's where they like to be all the time

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Bless his little heart! Never underestimate the will of a bird. You may end up having to configure a series of platform perches for him to learn how to navigate his way around a cage. Keep a photo diary and your progresses to help others with how to work with a disabled bird. Positive thoughts!!!!

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Poor little baby hope he learns how to adjust and surprises you and I am sure either way he will have a brilliant life with you :heart:

Bastion

Meeting neighbors
Bless his little heart! Never underestimate the will of a bird. You may end up having to configure a series of platform perches for him to learn how to navigate his way around a cage. Keep a photo diary and your progresses to help others with how to work with a disabled bird. Positive thoughts!!!!
Thank you I definitely will.

Bastion

Meeting neighbors
Poor little baby hope he learns how to adjust and surprises you and I am sure either way he will have a brilliant life with you :heart:
Thank you... This baby already showing their personality... I've never had a baby cried this much for food even though he/she is full! lol... when Bastion the mom was a wee little baby she never cried and I would have forgotten to feed her if I didn't have her feeding schedule imprinted in my brain. I literally had to watch videos on what a conure sounds like when they're hungry.

Bastion

Meeting neighbors
A FINAL UPDATE!!

It's been a little close to 2 months now since I posted about my Baby conure toe problems, and also mention that the baby had a week long laser treatment and did a few more after that. Well I'll have to say Baby Anji is doing well and finally eating on her own. I also did a DNA test and it's a girl. I took these pictures as I was writing this post so these are the most recent pictures of my new baby girl. She still have problems climbing and perching on rounded sticks so I'll have to cut her perches from flat dowels, but other than that she is again doing well and eating and drinking on her own for the past 3 days. Thank you all for the advice and best wishes.

Attachments

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
I'm sorry I missed so much of your thread.

But I want to say now, that I think you and your veterinarian and the lazer treatments did a wonderful job! :strhng:

I really think from then to now you achieved excellent results!!!

Your baby is a cutie! And it's remarkable how they can learn to adapt.

Wishing you both endless happy and healthy years ahead of you!

Anji is a beautiful girl and I hope you make a thread for her do we all can continue to admire her and celebrate her life!

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
She’s so gorgeous glad she doing better