• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need help naming my new budgie...

MissTee

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tanya
For my birthday my mom bought me a hybrid English Budgie/ parakeet. I need help naming him. He has one eye. The other eye never fully developed. So far I've come up with Teddy or Patchy. Anyone else have any ideas?

Last edited:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Hi! Just wanted to say welcome!

I noticed that your name and nickname are the same as mine, my family calls me Tee.

txdyna65

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
Patchy is a good name, for some reason I thought of Patch, like Patch Adams :)

MissTee

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tanya
Hi! Just wanted to say welcome!

I noticed that your name and nickname are the same as mine, my family calls me Tee.
How cool!!! Not many people spell it that way! Thank you for the welcome!!!:fairy2:

Patchy is a good name, for some reason I thought of Patch, like Patch Adams :)
So true. I like patchy too. We had to rename him because the store named him One Eyed Willie. And let's just say someone pointed out how it sounds not appropriate. So he is now getting him self a new name.

I also was suggested Fury ( Nick Fury, one eyed). But it doesn't really fit his personality. He is a sweetie. :hug3:

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
Terry
Pickle
Charlie
Fern
Leaf
Sprite
Jade

Sorry the names are kinda randomJ

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
How about Rooster from True Grit?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Rooster is clever.

Distaff

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mary
He is gorgeous.

I ran into a breeder site somewhere on the net stating that the half regular budgie and half English was their favourite. I probably would have bought my birds from them, but they don't ship. (My guess is that the Engish gives the bird some extra size, and breeding the English back to the more wild type gives the birds a little vigor - the English breed being prone to a shorter lifespan.)

I like Patch too.

hellblaze

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
atri
my one eyed buds name is hellblaze(i know ,no connection at all but just thought it would help)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Jack
Sparrow
Pirate
Darryl (after Darryl Hannah she played the one eyed girl in Kill Bill).
Morgan (for captain Morgan a famous pirate)
Captain
Edward (Edward Teech was the famous Blackbeard.)

MissTee

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tanya
dragonfly?
winston?
Oh I like Winston!!!!!!! I was going with patchy. But I really think I like Winston. :bounce4:
He is gorgeous.

I ran into a breeder site somewhere on the net stating that the half regular budgie and half English was their favourite. I probably would have bought my birds from them, but they don't ship. (My guess is that the Engish gives the bird some extra size, and breeding the English back to the more wild type gives the birds a little vigor - the English breed being prone to a shorter lifespan.)

I like Patch too.
Awe thank you!!! He is gorgeous. I had a soft spot for him when I saw him. :ittalks!:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I wouldn't really call him a hybrid, since the English variety is a breed of the normal/wild type budgerigar species. Now, if he was mixed with another species of bird (i.e. lovebird - not that there's any proof that budgies have hybridized with any other species), then he could be called a hybrid. In other words....

English/Show budgie is to Normal/Wild type budgie as dog is to grey/timber wolf.

In a manner of speaking.

He is gorgeous though! Appears to be a spangle opaline! Very pretty combo!

Sky&Sunshine

Jogging around the block
ok i don't know if that worked looks like a quoted the whole thing lol

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
ok i don't know if that worked looks like a quoted the whole thing lol

If you want to quote one post, just click on Quote at the bottom of a post, to the right.

If you want to quote multiple quotes, then click on + Quote at the bottom right of the posts. In the quick reply area below posts, there will be a button to "Insert Quotes..." to insert multiple quotes.

If you want to quote a specific phrase, sentence, or paragraph, then you can highlight those words using your mouse and you'll get the option to do multiple quotes or a single quote.

:)