• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Need help identifying this cage brand/model

FreePlatypus

Moving in
Real Name
Miranda
So I found a bird cage available online for a really good price. Messaged the seller and unfortunately, they do not know the brand/model as it was gifted to them years ago from a family member who passed away. I've searched high and low and can't seem to find it anywhere! I really want to check out reviews, ease of cleaning, safety, etc before driving the 3 hours to pick it up. I did have someone inform me they believe it's a discontinued Prevue model. After checking their site for discontinued products I cannot seem to find it still. May be an older one. Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Apparently it's a discontinued Kaytee cage.

FreePlatypus

Moving in
Real Name
Miranda
Thank you JosienBB. I just managed to figure this out about 5 minutes before you let me know! Unfortunately, with the bad reviews the product got I don't think I'll be purchasing it.

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
Can you tell us more about your needs.........what kind of bird/birds and people here can give you suggestions for cage brands and styles.

FreePlatypus

Moving in
Real Name
Miranda
Let me know if I should make a new thread for this, but I can give you cursory info here. The bird is a male Eclectus. He's between 20-30 years old. We don't know his exact age as his previous owner passed and no paperwork was found on the bird himself, just what the owners daughter could remember. He's been staying with my employer for the last 3 years, in a rather small cage for a bird like him. I'm moving away at the end of this summer and after bonding with him, I've decided to take him with me and give him the proper care he needs. First step is getting rid of that old tiny cage. He loves being able to see what is happening and is an incredibly social parrot so I would prefer the cage not have a dark roof/covering. He is a smaller Soloman Island Eclectus as well. He is also an amazing clean parrot (still a parrot mind you, but he doesn't throw his food at all) Im not looking to spend an exorbitant amount of money as moving does cost quite a bit, but any good brands for large bird cages is appreciated.

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
Oh, that all makes sense.......yeah you need a cage like the one you were looking at........only a better one, I guess.

FreePlatypus

Moving in
Real Name
Miranda
Yeah. Unfortunately, all the old reviews described it as flimsy, quick to flake and then quick to rust. He's a big chewer and with the coating apparently chipping away easily I just don't want to risk it. Thank you for all your help though and the warm welcome!

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
I didn't have this cage, one that was REALLY similar by Pervue which was also discontinued. x_x

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue