• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need help identifying lovebirds!

TessaG

Meeting neighbors
Hey guys! I have had peach-faced lovebirds before, two were a breeding pair, and one was a single male. It turned out my single male was a hybrid. He died at two and a half years. I don't want to make another mistake! So if you'll bear with me, these are some of the lovebirds I am looking at - I'm happy to start with just one bird, but I want to make sure it can BREED. One is what the seller is calling a 'blue peach-faced lovebird' - and the other a 'green peach-faced'. But I wonder why, if it's a peach-face, it has rings around its eyes? Wouldn't that either make it a fisher or a hybrid that I can't breed? There's also two blue ones that another seller is calling 'masked blue'. Please help! (I couldn't attach the other pics...so here are the links, hope that's ok!) Babies lovebird | Birds for Rehoming | Ottawa | Kijiji lovebird(s) for sale 160 each | Birds for Rehoming | Ottawa | Kijiji

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
The first link are Black-masked (Personatus) lovebirds. The second link are Peach-faced (Roseicollis) lovebirds.

Welcome to the Avenue :)

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
But I wonder why, if it's a peach-face, it has rings around its eyes?
Peach faced never have rings. If it looks peachfaced but has rings, then it is a hybrid.

TessaG

Meeting neighbors
Peach faced never have rings. If it looks peachfaced but has rings, then it is a hybrid.
THAT'S what I thought! But could it be a fischer? Did you look at the pics in the link? It's the one with a tealy blue lovebird and a green and peachy lovebird...I can't tell if it's a Fischer or a Hybrid...

TessaG

Meeting neighbors
The first link are Black-masked (Personatus) lovebirds. The second link are Peach-faced (Roseicollis) lovebirds.

Welcome to the Avenue :)
What about the light teal and white one in the picture shown?

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I don´t see any hybrids in the links you posted.

The three birds in the first link are all personatus. In the second link there are various birds and all of them are Peach-faced (roseicollis).

TessaG

Meeting neighbors
What about the light teal and white one in the picture shown?
THANK you! I adopted one of the 'blue' peach faces - 'he' was friendlier than the others, and had a lot of personality. Since I got him home, though, he seems really lonely - he loves hanging out with my son and I (he's stepped up, eaten from our hands, and sat on our heads, but is still a little wary) but when he was falling asleep I got him into his cage and started pacing back and forth rapidly, pecking at the cage...he's coming from a really crowded situation (9 birds in a tall but about 24" long cage, very narrow) - but the only other bird that he has up for adoption right now is an olive (from a different breeder)...no other peachfaces to be found in Ottawa atm! Not sure if I should just get the olive since they got along, or wait to find him the 'perfect' mate...

TessaG

Meeting neighbors
I don´t see any hybrids in the links you posted.

The three birds in the first link are all personatus. In the second link there are various birds and all of them are Peach-faced (roseicollis).
Awesome, thanks! When I saw them in person it was clear the peach faces were definitely peach faces lol...