• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need Help: Biting/Aggression in Lola (Cape Parrot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco

:eek: Are you a bit of a *klutz*?:hehe:

I thought you tend to be not so expressive with your voice...:p
That's the thing... I have NO IDEA where she picked up the "Ow!" from!!! I don't even think I said it once when she bit me! I will be honest and say that I am a total klutz but that one has me a bit confused... :rofl:

HungryBird

Rollerblading along the road
Hahaha if you were me Lola would have a few other new words mixed in there!

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Nikki - "I am really starting to think capes are more like greys as being 1 person birds."
I have not found really any birds that I have known well to be more than one person birds unless the owner really works on this almost daily. Are there really birds that
are not naturally going to be one person birds when they get out of babyhood? What types of birds can be expected to allow their non-favorite to touch them?
What do you mean by one person birds?

I am Corkey's (CAG) favorite person, but he will go to any confidant female and allow cuddles.
Lucy (CAG) is a Daddy's girl, but will go to anyone I trust enough to handle her, she's handiabled so she needs more care in handling :)

Tanya MysticsMom on here has many birds that will go to anyone. Her Ekkies in particular are just people birds.

NikkiCat

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
Do you guys really think capes are one person birds?
Oh and Coco, did Lola's big beak make you bleed at all? :(

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Do you guys really think capes are one person birds?
Oh and Coco, did Lola's big beak make you bleed at all? :(
I really truly don't think so... I "know" a number of Capes and though there are a few cases where perhaps they are more one person birds, I don't think they are more likely than any other species to be one person birds. I think exposure and socialization are probably huge roles as well. I'm spending part of the summer with my family (parents and sisters) where Lola will interact with a lot more people than just the usual me, so I'll be able to say better during/after the summer as well.

And no, no blood :) Just bruises! :o:

NikkiCat

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
Thanks, I really value your opinion Coco. And I'm happy there was no blood. :hug8:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Last night I was reading my poi book and it mentioned that pois evolve into their true personalities around 12 months. So as others said, she is growing up, becoming more "adult," and this is just a normal part of that.

Glad your SO is so willing to work with her. That is wonderful!! I'm sure you three will make great strides with such positive attitudes. I hope the visit to your family goes well! I think it will be a great experience for Lola at this time in her development.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I have constant back pain and when I move and it hurts, I often mutter "ouch" under my breath. Now, so does Emmie! Even when I have not said it, he will say 'ouch' if I trip over something or wince when I stand up or sit down. Emmie is priceless with his vocalizations. One time I lost my balance in the birdroom while on a stool and fell onto the floor like a ton of bricks and let out a "#$&@! OUCH!" When Em REALLY wants my attention, he comes out with this phrase; usually once or twice a months, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.