• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need a tree stand! Where is the best place to purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NikkiLS

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
Need a tree stand for GW.. Where is the best place to purchase?

Hey everyone I have been looking and looking for a manzanita tree stand for my GW Buka. I wasn't in a rush because he was so young but now that he is off hand feedings I would like to find one for him. He will have to be supervised either way because the breeder did a hack job on his wings and he is like a brick but I am waiting for them to grow in. In the mean time the store down the street has a shipment coming in but the one I will most likely need will be $300ish. It just seems like there must be a more cost effective way to do this or somewhere that sells them cheaper. I was going to make my own with a safe wood but have the feeling that he will just chew right threw anything else. Please help me for the sake of my little man, we will both be much appreciative. :hug8:

Attachments

Last edited:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hmm, 300ish is a pretty standard price for a large manzanita stand... You might try looking on Craig's List or other classifieds for a used one.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Why not just make a homeamde PVC and WOOD stand? So much cheaper and easier and you can make it however you like with allt he imagination you have and more:D I like making my own stands and stuff for the fids.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Hmm, 300ish is a pretty standard price for a large manzanita stand... You might try looking on Craig's List or other classifieds for a used one.

Craigs list is a GREAT option or kijiji.com

piercesdesigns

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
We built this one out of PVC. Sorry it is a video, it is the only pic I have right now.

Next time I would use a smaller diameter PVC pipe for the frame, but it is fun being able to put perches and toys all over it.

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
We built this one out of PVC. Sorry it is a video, it is the only pic I have right now.

Next time I would use a smaller diameter PVC pipe for the frame, but it is fun being able to put perches and toys all over it.

This is the BEST! So cool! :dance4:

Check Hoobly & Craigslist too ;) I got a BRAND SPANKIN NEW Wayne's bottlebrush stand for only $75 :dance5:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Debbie, what is the white latticework in the middle?

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
it is a great stand, I think mine would like something like that too!!

Boogie was laughing like crazy at Diego when he was laughing!

NikkiLS

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
oh boy...lots to look into thanks so much everyone :)

NikkiLS

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
How do you go about making a PVC and wood stand? How do you attach wood to the PVC I guess is my question...

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe
How do you go about making a PVC and wood stand? How do you attach wood to the PVC I guess is my question...
You attach the non-threaded connector to the PVC just like you would if you were going to attach PVC to PVC. Buy wood that fits the connector, and pop the branch/wooden dowel into the PVC connector, instead!

The wood HAS to fit the connector just perfect, or else it's too big or too loose and falls out. Your best bet is to get some wood that's just a touch too large, and sand down the end of it so that you can shove it in and hammer the connector onto the wood.

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
what state are you in ...i know of a lady here in mich...royal oak...who has a LARGE java tree stand it has the hand carved base..500.00 dollar stand..she is selling for 150.00 it is in great shape....

Status
Not open for further replies.