• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need a full length perch for 24" width cage

FreePlatypus

Moving in
Real Name
Miranda
So I just got my hands on a Prevue Hendryx cage with the 24 x 20 x 60 dimensions. Of course the cage comes with that standard wooden dowel perch and I was wondering if any of you know where I can find perches that will fit the cage dimension and also be better for my bird. I need a nice main one to reach across the entire cage. A quick google search didn't really reveal any great results and same with the prevue site. I'm not too interested in making my own as power tools and I aren't the greatest of friends.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
@Macawnutz may be able to help you out! I got gorgeous 2" thick birch perches at a custom length from her for my cages.

You could also wrap the dowel in rope or vet tape. Dowels are actually okay as long as they aren't the only thing in the cage and aren't the perch your bird uses most.

FreePlatypus

Moving in
Real Name
Miranda
Oh thank you for pointing me in their direction! Their custom birch perches look so nice so I'll have to check them out!

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Could consider a 24" rope perch. I just googled the size and lots of brands are available.

RachelM

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Rachel Mayrhofer
be aware that you can also modify the dowels by sanding or chopping thin at random spots, this makes the surface uneven. then you dont have to toss them.

FreePlatypus

Moving in
Real Name
Miranda
Thanks to everyone for the recommendations on how to modify the dowels to make them work! I managed to find one of the inside of the cage but the play area on top was not going to work with something other than the dowel. So I used some of your suggestions to modify it to work better!