• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need a favor from experienced too owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I know the problem..... but the people are my boyfriends sister, niece and brother in law So i can't but in, when I do they don't listen to me - I get the famous " you don't know anything " looks YET if it wasn't for me they wouldn't of had the 1st or 3rd cockatoo they own!

but I can tell just by these videos They are NOT watching the birds body language and that is why he keeps chasing my b/f's niece

but maybe some one with Experience can Message her..... and see if she'll listen..... WITH OUT bringing me into it what so ever I don't need drama from his family, I have enough of it in my own family :lol:

they refuse to listen to me I'm about to go postal on them BUT keep holding back because I don't want to be the "trouble maker"

this video you can tell very well they are ignoring the body language Dunkin (the bird) is staring her (the niece) down not paying attention to his kelp or anything else

YouTube - Cockatoo Chase

this one is a little hard to see his eyes but i'm sure they're ignoring the fact he wants to be left alone at the moment

YouTube - jenni5656's Channel

but i am hoping if other people who have experience with too's talk to her Maybe then they'll listen

I think they think I have no experience since i only fostered them for like 5 months. But it doesn't mean I have NO experience. I didn't have this one,but I had Sunny and his cage mate Charlie(went to a different home) and I had NO problems with either one of them! Sunny NEVER plucked at my house but sure did at theirs.

but again please don't mention me! just say you were browsing you tube or something

thanks

Quiverful

Life is a gift:)
Real Name
Dawn
I left a message on the first vid.

In the second one, she's giving that bird all kinds of drama reward!

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
I know, Dawn! He loves the reaction he is getting. She is still screaming, "NO" when his back is turned to her. :rolleyes:

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Thanks.

I've tried telling them how to properly have too's til i was blue in the face. but they're the "know it all's" of his family and since i'm just his Girlfriend I don't really have a place

but ya know i'm the one with all the birds, and have done all the research yet they some how know more then me They have only had Sunny for a year, Dunkin for almost a year and Trinket for several months. Yet They know everything there is to know about them

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Giving him boxes to play in is what starts the whole thing.

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Even someone who has no too experience like me can see that bird is not happy in that first one. I think it's horrible the way she taunts him.:(

TwoG2s

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jaye
Thing is those of us that search out forums like this one are open to advice.

Until they want the dynamic to change, it won't.

Quiverful

Life is a gift:)
Real Name
Dawn
I said in my comment that that was one nesty Too! LOL

I give Hootie boxes to destroy but he doesn't act nesty with them. The second he ever starts will be the last time I give him one:)

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Perhaps you should invite them here? So us 'too folk can help them out?

Say something like: " I know an AMAZING bird forum, that can help you with advice and everything you need to know to have a well behaved cockatoo"etc, or whatever works their float to get them over here?:hug8:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I tried to look at videos but they have been removed.

thebirdnerds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jennifer
I tried to view the video but it said it was removed. I would love to help give advice though. Sorry

cntrymeadow

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Rebecca
It was removed because people did leave comments.
Im assuming they didnt want to hear what anyone said and removed the videos.
Too bad.
They could have learned a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.