• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Need a big favor please? Help with buying syringes

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I feel so brainless asking for help with this but I'm having a little trouble finding the syringes I need from Amazon. Can some kind soul possibly link me to the exact same size syringe from Amazon?

I have two more syringes and I hate to have the vet for more. It'll be good to have some on hand for a rainy day or possible juice "med" training

The pictures below show the front and back of the ones I need

20210703_125229.jpg

20210703_125240.jpg

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Do you have a friend who works for drugs services or a needle exchange? A local pharmacy would likely sell them too.

They're larger but insulin syringes tend to come with needles fitted

Last edited:

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Do you have a friend who works for drugs services or a needle exchange? A local pharmacy would likely sell them too.

They're larger but insulin syringes tend to come with needles fitted
Thank you so much for the link, Linden! Unfortunately, I don't really know anyone with those connections. I was going to say that it looks like .7ml or .5 ml of liquid looks like it would look like more in the syringes you posted for me but I take it .1 is.1 no matter what the syringe looks like. Thank you!

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Thank you so much for looking for me Wardy! I'm actually in the US so I can't order from the UK Amazon site. But thanks again!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
@zoo mom

Zoo mom is awesome at finding this stuff, hopefully she’ll have you a good link really soon Diane :)

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry about the Uk link hopefully.second one is better.

How i feel when i see all the products the vendors sell on this forum :bash:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
This is the best price I could find on Amazon for 0.5 ml syringes. I don't know how to put in a link so here is a screen shot. If you need something different let me know and I will look some more.

Screenshot_20210703-191453_Amazon Shopping.jpg

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
This is the best price I could find on Amazon for 0.5 ml syringes. I don't know how to put in a link so here is a screen shot. If you need something different let me know and I will look some more.

View attachment 387766
Thank you so much! I think I found the one you're showing

Amazon.com: 0.5ml Oral Tip Syringe Dispenser w/Purple Plunger, Individually Packed, Sterile: Health & Personal Care

I'm a bit confused though. If those are .5 ml wouldn't I need 2 syringes to load up one dose of meds if my dose is .07? I am sorry for any confusion or stupid questions. Math and numbers are not my specialty :confused:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you so much! I think I found the one you're showing

Amazon.com: 0.5ml Oral Tip Syringe Dispenser w/Purple Plunger, Individually Packed, Sterile: Health & Personal Care

I'm a bit confused though. If those are .5 ml wouldn't I need 2 syringes to load up one dose of meds if my dose is .07? I am sorry for any confusion or stupid questions. Math and numbers are not my specialty :confused:
no worries i dont do math and numbers blind me usually syringes are in specific increments .05 ml would be broken down into .1ml increments to reach .05

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
no worries i dont do math and numbers blind me usually syringes are in specific increments .05 ml would be broken down into .1ml increments to reach .05
I feel so stupid. I'm still not understanding. So if I need .07 where would I load it up to on a .5 ml syringe? 2 points after the .5?

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
I wonder why it seems impossible to find the exact same syringe my vet uses. I would feel much more comfortable if it was the same or almost exactly the same

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
I feel so stupid. I'm still not understanding. So if I need .07 where would I load it up to on a .5 ml syringe? 2 points after the .5?
no, watch your decimal points. It is like you need "7" and are loading it into a "50"
So you could fit the dose you need 0.07ml seven times into a 0.50ml syringe. It would be below the 0.1 mark

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
no, watch your decimal points. It is like you need "7" and are loading it into a "50"
So you could fit the dose you need 0.07ml seven times into a 0.50ml syringe. It would be below the 0.1 mark
Gosh, I just don't get it. The decimals are way over my head. I'm so sorry! Maybe I'll just ask the vet for more syringes next time they're open. Sorry for wasting your time and efforts! I really don't want to confuse myself and mess up anything.

On another note...

Now I'm confused about my new meds.
Blu has been taking 5 units (.05ml) of his meloxicam and 7 units (.07ml) of his septra antibiotic.

But today we picked up a new med, intrafungal, and the instructions don't specify units. It just says give 0.1ml by mouth every 24 hours.

I think I gave him way too little for his 1st dose. I can't call the vet to clarify because they're closed until Tues.

On this particular syringe, where do I load up 0.1ml to? I loaded it up to the very first notch earlier. It was a miniscule amount. Should I load it to the 10? They didn't explain when I picked it up today
20210703_125229.jpg
20210703_125240.jpg