• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

"Naughty" budgies...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Lately, Omega and Harley have been teaming up to pull their cover off the cage in the evening...then they scold us until we put it back...only to repeat the act over again! Must be getting some encouragement from Milton. ;)

And yes, I'm STILL trying to get somewhat decent pics of them...

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Lately, Omega and Harley have been teaming up to pull their cover off the cage in the evening...then they scold us until we put it back...only to repeat the act over again! Must be getting some encouragement from Milton. ;)

Either that or they learned some tricks from when Elvis stayed there. LOL. He does that all the time- or just chews through the cover. :arghh:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Either that or they learned some tricks from when Elvis stayed there. LOL. He does that all the time- or just chews through the cover. :arghh:
I have to buy new sheets from time to time because Milton puts holes in them...I'm always on the lookout for bedding at the outlet stores... ;)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
The Goodwill store? Just make sure you wash and sanitize,,,
...another good idea...

Oh yes...about washing clothes...that was my "chore" when I was a kid...being one of 4 kids, we all had family chores to do. I learned to operate a wringer washer when I was about 5...I remember soap with the name of "Super Suds" and "Duz"...and chlorine bleach in brown glass bottles!
I also can wield an iron with the best of them...something that's become a lost art in the 21st century.

I kid people that "they wash clothes...I do LAUNDRY"...:lol:

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
I wonder if putting pellets in the bottom edge would weigh the cover down enough that they could not pull it off. Of course it would have to be long enough that they could not reach the bottom, or the pellets would have to be Zupreem, not plastic. :think1:

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
...another good idea...

Oh yes...about washing clothes...that was my "chore" when I was a kid...being one of 4 kids, we all had family chores to do. I learned to operate a wringer washer when I was about 5...I remember soap with the name of "Super Suds" and "Duz"...and chlorine bleach in brown glass bottles!
I also can wield an iron with the best of them...something that's become a lost art in the 21st century.

I kid people that "they wash clothes...I do LAUNDRY"...:lol:
I ran my hand through the wringer when I was about 11. That did not deter me. When my kids were babies I had a wringer washer, and I did 12 dozen diapers twice a week. I either had the cleanest babies on the block, or the messiest.
Yes, I know there were disposable diapers when they were little, but they never had diaper rash!!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly

Ha ha - little stinkers! Yep, I bet Milty is over there cheering them on.
Occasionally I will put the cover on and it falls off because I didn't put it far enough back on the top of the cage. Mine DO scold me when this happens, until I replace it correctly! Gotta love those feisty Budgies. :p:laugh::roflmao:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I ran my hand through the wringer when I was about 11.
Ouch!

The old Speed Queen (the brand name ;) ) had a "quick release" mechanism that would pop open if it got jammed ...with thick clothing...or human fingers! :yes3:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I wonder if putting pellets in the bottom edge would weigh the cover down enough that they could not pull it off. Of course it would have to be long enough that they could not reach the bottom, or the pellets would have to be Zupreem, not plastic. :think1:
We're now tucking the ends under the cage...they haven't figured out to get the leverage to pull it off...yet...;)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Gotta love those feisty Budgies. :p:laugh::roflmao:
I am getting a bit teed off that they won't let me get pictures of them. :rant: since they are strictly "hands off" birds, we have to wait for the right time to get pics. I want to concentrate on the ceres of course...they come out of the cage rarely -it's their choice to do so, and the cage door is open most of the day...just a drawback in having independent thinking birds. :)

My newest plan of action is to get them in the cage in the bathroom and see if they come out...if not, then I'll do a scoop and nab them so my brother can get pictures...and I'll get the BBBIIITTTEEESSS...;)

Melli

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Melli
Or just use binder clips to clip the cover to the cage?