• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Nastiest Medication Your Conure Hates.

BluJay

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jay [he/him]
Hey there general question: over your time of have conures what has been their most despised medicine they have ever been on?

In order of reactions from my guy 1. Azithromycin 2. Clavamox 3. Nystatin. Other than these he really doesn't put up much fuss, however if he knows he is getting the above 3 he will do most anything to avoid the medication holding position.

Your experiences?

BluJay

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jay [he/him]
Medication 1. He will immediately look at me like stunned as if betrayed. Once put back in his cage the staring into the void session begins, totally still, feathers tightly tucked in, he stands. After the void session he will run around his cage clanging his beak around his dishes. Following a 15 minute percusion solo begins the wiping of the beak on everything he can beak, rope perches, chew toys, wooden blocks. Then finally he just stares at me...defeated.

Medication 2. The avoid swallowing this stuff at all costs medicine. He fake swallows, lets it run out the side of his beak, allows it to collect in his beak to be shaken everywhere, bites the tip of syringe closed, lets it sit in his mouth, gravity has no effect on his abilities- upside down, hanging by his toes, in the correct handfeedig position- yet somehow I manage to get 2.5ml in him.

Medication 3. I just don't like how this tastes and I don't like that you are giving it to me.

Jay