• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Nashville Zoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazeybird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Houston
I have lived in Nashville for almost 10 years. I went to the zoo very, very often. Here are just a handful of my favorite pictures. I have hundreds of pictures but that is far to many to post :o:

Hope you enjoyed :) (I dont know why the above pictures are so small... oh well)

Upon searching I found some more pictures I would like to share :)

Last edited:

f0rever-ns

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lauren
Thanks for sharing :)
Those pictures are very beautiful !

Parrotlove

Real Name
Barbie
Houston those are great pictures!!! Thank you for letting us see some of the favorites! Hug's Barbie and Isis

Kathy

I've been there and taken photos as well. Those are awesome shots!

Djuna

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Debbie
Beautiful photos, thank you :heart:

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Wonderful pics, Houston! How does the Tennessee zoo compare with the Atlanta zoo? (Have you been yet?) I'm not real impressed with the one in Atlanta.

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Aw, I am so jealous!!! You got a good picture of the gibbons!

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
Wonderful pics, Houston! How does the Tennessee zoo compare with the Atlanta zoo? (Have you been yet?) I'm not real impressed with the one in Atlanta.
Its been years since I have been so I cant really compare, but im sure its better. I love the Nashville Zoo. Its kinda smaller (compared to the one in China at least...) but its laid out well and ya, I like it. Ill have to go to the Atlanta zoo soon (im a member, I just haven't been yet LOL) and let you know.

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Kathy

The Nashville Zoo isn't completed yet. When completed it will be one of the largest in the Country. I like the way they've made natural looking habitats for the animals. The giraffe's have always been a favorite of mine. Some of my best animal photos were taken at the Nashville zoo.

taken from the zoo website.."Future exhibits will be designed and built to immerse our guests into the many environments of our world. Visitors to Nashville Zoo will wander into regions designed to reflect the plains of Africa, the rain forest of South America, and the exotic landscape of Asia as well as other intriguing destinations."

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
They have the Africa part done im pretty sure and its great! Awaiting the SA and Asian one though :)

Parrotlove

Real Name
Barbie
OOO love the new pictures added!! Makes me wish I was some place warm now!!! Hug's Barbie and Isis

AlexisLeann

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
AlexisLeann
The Nashville Zoo isn't completed yet. When completed it will be one of the largest in the Country. I like the way they've made natural looking habitats for the animals. The giraffe's have always been a favorite of mine. Some of my best animal photos were taken at the Nashville zoo.

taken from the zoo website.."Future exhibits will be designed and built to immerse our guests into the many environments of our world. Visitors to Nashville Zoo will wander into regions designed to reflect the plains of Africa, the rain forest of South America, and the exotic landscape of Asia as well as other intriguing destinations."
Kathy I just had my next tattoo designed....

AlexisLeann

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
AlexisLeann
They are my favourite Mammal, Dart frogs are my fav amphibian (I have a tattoo of them on my shoulder) Dragonflies my favourite insect (on both my wrists) and my favourite birds are Eclectus (on my hip)...I'm abit addicted to tattoos...lol

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
The reptile exhibit is really nice, especially compared to the Knoxville Zoo. I have taken some really good photos of the snakes at Nash Zoo, but the badly weathered plexiglass at Knox Zoo makes it near impossible to take pics. :(

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
I diddnt care much for the Knoxville Zoo either. I mean, they had a handful of great exhibits, but other than that... I wouldnt drive the 4+ hours to see that zoo though, no way.

Status
Not open for further replies.