• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Narcissus and Becky who found each other

Becky/Nar

Checking out the neighborhood
Was walking home with husband of 38 years. It was the anniversary of the day we met so long ago (4-1-83), and we were discussing our impending divorce, trying to equitably iron out the details of splitting 38 years of acquired belongings. Feeling sad and a little resigned, I looked up as we walked up to my home and saw a small yellow headed bird fly into my yard. So unusual, thought it might be a finch, but no, it was something else. A lot of crows live in a stand of cedars in my yard, a whole murder of them! I worried that they would spot this little bright bird and perhaps view it as dinner, so asked my husband to try to help me catch it. The poor tiny thing was so tired, lost, hungry and confused that catching her wasn't really difficult. My husband (who has a marvelously intuitive feel for wild and tame creatures) caught her in his hands. Even when she bit hard enough to draw blood, he kept her safe in his hands, cupping her gently. We put her in a paper grocery bag and once she seemed calm and settled with some water to drink, we hurried out to get appropriate food and supplies from a local pet store before everything closed for the evening. Returned with a large cage, premium food, treats, toys, dishes and as much info as we could pump out of the bird store owner! All the while aware that this might be a neighbors bird and I would have to give her up. As each day passes I love her more, this Lovebird that arrived on my anniversary of marriage to a man that I want to divorce. How do I make sense of this? Is the universe speaking to me? How to interpret this event? I do believe that things happen for a reason in my life, that I attract my life and even the smallest and most mundane things are fraught with meaning if I have the wisdom to make sense of them. So that is how my life became aligned with a birds. Where this flight path takes us, I just don't know right now. But because she is a Love Bird, I will totally trust her directions.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Was walking home with husband of 38 years. It was the anniversary of the day we met so long ago (4-1-83), and we were discussing our impending divorce, trying to equitably iron out the details of splitting 38 years of acquired belongings. Feeling sad and a little resigned, I looked up as we walked up to my home and saw a small yellow headed bird fly into my yard. So unusual, thought it might be a finch, but no, it was something else. A lot of crows live in a stand of cedars in my yard, a whole murder of them! I worried that they would spot this little bright bird and perhaps view it as dinner, so asked my husband to try to help me catch it. The poor tiny thing was so tired, lost, hungry and confused that catching her wasn't really difficult. My husband (who has a marvelously intuitive feel for wild and tame creatures) caught her in his hands. Even when she bit hard enough to draw blood, he kept her safe in his hands, cupping her gently. We put her in a paper grocery bag and once she seemed calm and settled with some water to drink, we hurried out to get appropriate food and supplies from a local pet store before everything closed for the evening. Returned with a large cage, premium food, treats, toys, dishes and as much info as we could pump out of the bird store owner! All the while aware that this might be a neighbors bird and I would have to give her up. As each day passes I love her more, this Lovebird that arrived on my anniversary of marriage to a man that I want to divorce. How do I make sense of this? Is the universe speaking to me? How to interpret this event? I do believe that things happen for a reason in my life, that I attract my life and even the smallest and most mundane things are fraught with meaning if I have the wisdom to make sense of them. So that is how my life became aligned with a birds. Where this flight path takes us, I just don't know right now. But because she is a Love Bird, I will totally trust her directions.
They most certainly do have a way of changing our lives. It's always our hope here on the Avenue that a lost bird returns to it's owner knowing how upset one can be not knowing if their companion is found and safe. If the owner isn't found then we wish the best and longest life of happiness with their new caretaker. Share a photo when you can... we love photos!

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
:needpics:

The poor little bird! I'm so glad you found her! Has she gone to an avian certified vet yet? She could be sick or injured from her time outside. We would love to see pictures of the cage and setup, we'll help in any way we can.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
sgreeting_welcome_flowers_100-100.gif Becky and Narcissus!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum!