• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Names for my two Budgies

Viola B

Meeting neighbors
It has been a week since I got my two budgies. Trying to think of names for them. Both are males and one yellow and one blue. I posted pictures already under another post.
What are some of the names some of you like?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I am hopeless with naming animals.......they get a registered name with the vet clinic and microchip place then I proceed to give them a heap of random nick names. :lol: I often wonder if my pets have been confused but they all seem to be happy answering to numerous names:roflmao:

Have you found yourself referring to them by any name at all yet? Maybe you just need some extra time to find what feels right for them?

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly

Viola B

Meeting neighbors
I am hopeless with naming animals.......they get a registered name with the vet clinic and microchip place then I proceed to give them a heap of random nick names. :lol: I often wonder if my pets have been confused but they all seem to be happy answering to numerous names:roflmao:

Have you found yourself referring to them by any name at all yet? Maybe you just need some extra time to find what feels right for them?
Yes, I have been calling the blue one "Perky Bird". He is so perky! Thanks for making me think of that.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I named my budgies Mickey and Murphy.

Budgiebonkers

aka Pandapaws23
Avenue Veteran
I name my birds after celebs lol I had a miley,noah,brandi,ariana,grande,givenchy then i named some after game characters like banjo,kazooie,grunty,yoshi, my recent theme is from jack frost which are Jacq,kubla kraus,snip,sir ravenal
then i have a brisket and Kale bought them on st patricks day lol my newest two are named straus and voldermort maybe you think of tv shows or games etc

Dorcas George

Rollerblading along the road
Packer is Green and Gold (okay, yellow) and I live in WI, so my husband picked the obvious name. If you live in WI and don’t care about football or the Green Bay Packers, you keep mum about it. Ha! We lost a little blue girl that looked like the sky, so called Breeze. Our little mostly white guy is Frost, named by our granddaughter. I hadn’t thought of it, but I guess I go for names that are descriptions rather than proper names. Which do you tend to do with pets you have had?

Mybluebird

Real Name
Anne
Are there any characters from books or movies that you like? Comic books? Singers or other performers? Pick a name that means something to you for each of them.

Viola B

Meeting neighbors
Packer is Green and Gold (okay, yellow) and I live in WI, so my husband picked the obvious name. If you live in WI and don’t care about football or the Green Bay Packers, you keep mum about it. Ha! We lost a little blue girl that looked like the sky, so called Breeze. Our little mostly white guy is Frost, named by our granddaughter. I hadn’t thought of it, but I guess I go for names that are descriptions rather than proper names. Which do you tend to do with pets you have had?
I have done both. The dog we have now is, Miss Daisy and our cat is Tinkerbell, and our tortoise is Merlina. Our sweet dog who passed away, was named Bungee. Before that we had Pepsi. We had other cats that were named, Tabatha, Nugget, Tybo, and Heidi all lived very long lives. Birds I have had were named, Shasta, Poppy, Ginger, Nutmeg, Petunia, Cinnamon, and Sweetpea.

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I once had two budgies called Sky and Spirit :)

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Budgies are from Australia so how about aboriginal names?
Blue one Konol (sky) and yellow one Mandu (the sun).

Miss_sj

Jogging around the block
Real Name
stacie
Max and Alfie!

They were names I wanted to use but fiancee wouldn't let me!

Viola B

Meeting neighbors
Thank you one and all for all the name suggestions. You have given me some wonderful ideas. We grow butternut squash in our garden and I was making some butternut soup from one of them. I starting thinking about the word, "butter nut". Butter is yellow and I LOVE nuts........so I have named the yellow budgie, "Butternut".
I have named the blue one, "Willow", from the movie, Willow. The character Willow was a little guy who had a big heat. Budgies are a small bird with big hearts.
Again thank you for your help. You made me really think. The names seem to fit my two cutie pies.