• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Names For Conure

Dan Ruggiero

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Dan
I'm getting a Crimson Bellied Conure and I have a horrible imagination.
Does anyone have any ideas?
BTW I will spend a week with the bird before naming it because there is only a 0.00001% chance that a name will fit without me spending time with the bird!!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I suggest googling ¨baby names with meanings¨ and having a look which names stand out at you, and see what the names mean.
If you don´t know the sex, go for a unisex name ;)

*All of my birds have unisex names because they were named before knowing their sex, bar Aldora because she laid an egg in quarantine.*

Dan Ruggiero

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Dan
I suggest googling ¨baby names with meanings¨ and having a look which names stand out at you, and see what the names mean.
If you don´t know the sex, go for a unisex name ;)
Thanks for the advice!
I might steal one of your names, Sydney is a beautiful name! (If my bird is a girl)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Yes, A beautiful happy name.
I don´t know the sex of my bird named Sydney.
@rockoko also has a yellow coloured bird named Sydney

Sunny, my yellow bird is Sunny :laugh:
Though Sydney is an awesome name for a bird! :fairy2:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:facepalm: bad memory! My apology :o:

There is another member on AA with a yellow bird named Sydney, I´m so sure....

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:facepalm: bad memory! My apology :o:

There is another member on AA with a yellow bird named Sydney, I´m so sure....

No worries, I have trouble remembering so many names too :)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I like to name my birds with either people names or something familiar to us. My husband does Astronomy photography and that's how "Astro" got her name. Bob.... because he was missing all his tail feathers. Rocket...the boy can fly well. Ruby... because of her red belly. Scarlette... the same red belly. Casey came here with his name. I knew what I wanted to name Lola Falana before she came her because I wanted to teach her to sing the song "My name is Lola, Lola Falana... I'm a showgirl!!" ( and she does!) Henry took me forever to name.... after a while it just seemed to fit.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I once road a horse in Spain owned by someone I knew. His name was "Terremoto"... which, in Spanish means earthquake. Riding him was unpredictable much like an earthquake. All would be calm and then he would just start to do a little crow hop with a few small bucks. With that said... name your bird with a name it will live up to in a nice way. Conures are loaded with personality one way or the other. My little Ruby is super affectionate and loves her kisses as much as she likes to give them... the more the better in her opinion!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I named Sydney because I needed a nice happy unisex name that matched the vibrant yellow plumage.

The name Jaime just came to me.

Aldora appeared one day on my doorstep, after a month of quarantine and searching unsuccessfully for her owner, I named her Aldora, Greek, meaning ¨winged gift¨. I knew she was a hen because she laid an egg in quarantine and so she is the only one with a sexed name.

I named Lapis Lazuli because her feathers were as beatiful as the stone. We call her Lapis for short. Looking back I wish we shortened it to Lazuli because Lapis sounds a lot like Lapiz, meaning Pencil.

Nube, meaning ¨cloud¨ ins Spanish, is named this because his feathers were white/grey with a dark grey/silver edging. Due to my inexperience with the mutation, he does not look like this now, he is light sky blue.

Adelie is named after the Adelie penguin, small but fearless. I think it fits her so well. She is the strongest, most determined of all my birds, she was so small but battled to live after her parents abandoned her at 5 days old. She grew super slowly, at one point she looked 2-3 weeks younger than she actually was.

All of my birds names are pronounced as their English forms.

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love picking names. I've been traditional with non birds (collie named Lassie, bunny named Thumper, poodle named Lady), but with birds I might name based on where the bird is from (caiques Nina and Paco), personality (Mischief and Sassy), color (Miss Blue and Holly) or let my little kids name them (Aja, BeeBop, Bop). When I chose Gigi's name, I was taking her home and talking to her in her little box. I said "What am I going to name my little green girl? Oh Gigi!" and it stuck.

Looking forward to hearing your conure's name!

Dan Ruggiero

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Dan
I made a mistake! I'm sorry that I posted this in the Caique part of the forum! It's right next to the Conure one so I must have misclicked!
Again Sorry!