• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Name Suggestions for Teacip piglet???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terri

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Terri
This is our newest addition in our home. My son has severe asthma and his yellow lab probably won't make it thru the summer. So we decided to get him another pet to bond with, but needed something non-allergenic and this is what we decided on. They bonded INSTANTLY as you can tell! We named her "Oprah" as first...but upon 2nd thought that might be offending to some so we are re-thinking....any suggestions? It is a female and she was the runt...
Colt & Piglet2.jpg

Colt & Piglet.jpg

Deeda9999

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lisa fisher
OMG!!!!! She is soooo cute. Can you tell me about her. My daughter has asthma as well and we are always on the lookout for a new and interesting pet.

Terri

Real Name
Terri
OMG!!!!! She is soooo cute. Can you tell me about her. My daughter has asthma as well and we are always on the lookout for a new and interesting pet.
She is a teacup, we saw her parents. She should only get between 20-35 lbs. Almost instantly potty trained. She goes in the litter box (with sawdust shavings not litter) and also holds it til you take her outside. She is only 2 1/2 weeks old and on milk currently. LOVE her!!! Quiet, super lovey with the kids, MUCH easier than a puppy. She has a kitty bed that she curls up to sleep in at night - she LOVES her bed and loves to cuddle.

Some negatives...she thinks of eating CONSTANTLY and you have to be careful about buying a pig - many people say they are the smaller type but turn out to be 400 lbs. So you must buy from a reputable person. You also have to be careful about what you feed them so they don't get too fat. Overall...she is PERFECT!!

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
She is so cute! :heart: I think I need to see a video of her to help you come up with the perfect name. :D

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
She is so cute!!

Jadie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jade
:omg: I'm so jealous!! Congrats:D. She is soooo cute(your son too of course:heart:
I'll come back when I think of a name heh.

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
:omg::hehe: he is so cute:) and that picture with your son is so cute:)

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
What about calling her Fern, after the character from Charlotte's Web? :)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
tee hee, I'm all giggly looking at the cutie pics!!! :hehe:

I like Fern too :D

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
OMG those are some adorable pictures! Your son looks tickled pink. I like Daisy, Tinker, or Susie. I would love to see a video of her she is precious.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
This is our newest addition in our home. My son has severe asthma and his yellow lab probably won't make it thru the summer. So we decided to get him another pet to bond with, but needed something non-allergenic and this is what we decided on. They bonded INSTANTLY as you can tell! We named her "Oprah" as first...but upon 2nd thought that might be offending to some so we are re-thinking....any suggestions? It is a female and she was the runt...
View attachment 21206

View attachment 21207
How about Olive:)

Peteysmom

Real Name
Heather
We had one when I was a kid. My sister named him Wilber.:rolleyes:
Congrats on the new baby :) She's sweet! If I had one, I'd name it Bacon....or Pancetta....just for fun. :lol:

Cydney

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cydney
How cute! At first I read "Opal" instead of "Oprah. Regardless, she's CUTE!

Terri

Real Name
Terri
So since this is my son's baby...it was up to him to name her. We went over all the girl names in his cartoons, movies, the suggestions from this thread and he came up with......

FIONA (from Shrek)...that is Princess Fiona :)

The first time he called her by her new name she came running and that's when he made his decision. Thanks for all the input. I'll post some new pics of Fiona as I take them.
sleeping beauty.jpg

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Love the name and love that precious little face

Sharon

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sharon
Gosh, Fiona is so cute! I absolutely love pigs! I may have to look into this again. Can I ask a really stupid question? We have hardwood floors, and I've often wondered if the little hooves would be really noisy?

Terri

Real Name
Terri
We have hard wood floors as well - right now she is so tiny you barely hear her, however, the footing isn't the greatest because it is kinda slick.

Status
Not open for further replies.