• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

nail polish remover?

conureluv

Sprinting down the street
I know it is very toxic, so I used it in my bathroom 2 floors below where Percy is. I can still smell it on my hands, so how long should I wait until I go back up to where he is?

(yes, it is acetone based.)

conureluv

I washed it off multiple times in the shower with all of the soaps I could find and now I can barely smell it. How much longer should I wait?

Sookitiel

Meeting neighbors
Maybe like a week? Or you could put gloves on

conureluv

Oh no, not to touch him. If that's what you think I meant. I just want him to be able to breathe in my room when I do go to bed. I have the fan on, door open, and an air purifier going in the room right now.

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
According to my avian vet, acetone and all nail stuff including regular and UV light curing gel polishes, acrylics, etc… remain volatile airborne contaminants for 72+ hours. I no longer manicure or pedicure in my house now because of this. I go to the salon or my she-shack out back.

conureluv

So would I not be able to sleep in my room? Or would he just not be able to go into the room I did it in?

conureluv

I might just play it safe and sleep in the living room. Idk if its my anxiety getting to me cuz this week's been awfully rough, but I don't want to hurt him.

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I might just play it safe and sleep in the living room. Idk if its my anxiety getting to me cuz this week's been awfully rough, but I don't want to hurt him.
I get it. I’m rather a perfectionist about my nails as well as my birds. As far as the air health, you never really can tell of the air quality after a chemical is present without special equipment so I err on the side of caution. I’d be doing a living room sleepover too.