• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Zons <Pics>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
They are beautiful. I pricked up my ears when I saw your blue fronted Amazon. As you know I have recently taken one on by the name of Jay and thirteen yrs old. At long last i think he has taken the set of false teeth out of his beak and stopped tearing chunks out of my skin!
Did you have any problems in that quarter in the beginning or were you a lot luckier?
Jay is settling in very well now, and no more bites for quite some time, but i have to build up my trust in him and that is what is holding us back at the moment.
He is allowed to come to me, i am not pushing anything and it is working a lot better. He will now come and stay on my arm or head and talk to me for awhile before finding something more important to be doing.
if you could pass on any gems that would be of help for me I would be most grateful. Need all the help I can in this department, as you may or may not know it was Greys that are my comfort zone!:heart:

crazyanimal

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Delta
I did have testy moments with my blue front and he took a few bites too but I also purchased him as a baby and found I was wanting too much from him, too fast. He soon let me know he was not comfortable with them. I gained trust, he gained trust and we now have an amazon/human understanding. It does take time and work.

Now my yellow naped was purchased as a baby and I can't trust her for very long. She would bite with no warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.