• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My two month old conure suddenly started biting me.

ibong

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
최현태
나는 앵무새와 매우 친하다. 우리는 서로에게 의존하고 있었습니다. 그런데 어제부터 앵무새가 손가락 피부가 찢어질 정도로 저를 물기 시작했어요. 이런 공격적인 행동과 달리 앵무새는 나를 피하지 않고 계속해서 나에게 다가온다. 저는 이런 모순된 행동에 정말 답답합니다. 모든 것이 내 잘못인 것 같습니다. 조언을 해주세요. 한국에서는.

Rebel

Sprinting down the street
Translated

I am very close to parrots. We were relying on each other. But from yesterday, the parrot started biting me to the point where my finger skin was torn. Unlike this aggressive behavior, the parrot doesn't avoid me and keeps coming to me. I'm really frustrated with this contradictory behavior. I think it's all my fault. Give me some advice In Korea.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Things happen that can lead to broken trust.

I just went through this with one of my birds, Phoebe. It took 20 days of trust building only , no training, to win her back . This is basically like starting over to win their trust, like you would if you just brought the bird home. Going and saying hi, with treats, many times a day. Use a treat dish if can't give treats by hand right now .

Don't force interaction. If they t used to let you pet them , you will probably have to earn back that privilege as you earn back trust .

Keep in mind , young birds might not be cage protective, but as they become adults many will protect their cage. So I prefer them to come out of cage to a perch attached on the outside of the cage by the door. Then interact with them