• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My sweet Gus

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Sending a virtual hug. :sadhug2: I started a photo album a couple years back. Full of pictures and details on the animals I lost. Not to look at and be sad, but as a physical promise to remember them and always love them.

Gigi’s Mom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brenda
Turns out he had a mass in his abdomen and a lot of fluid around it. He struggled to breathe because there was no room for his little lungs. He passed in my hands and we buried him in the backyard. I’m sick and sad and empty and lost. I loved that little bird to the end.
So sorry for your loss. At least your baby had you there until the last moment.

I am currently dealing with an almost identical illness with my 12 year old peach faced lovebird who I raised from a baby. She has cancer in her reproductive tract and fluid builds up in her belly to the point it affects her breathing. I have to take her every week to have the fluid drained. It is so hard.

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
@Gigi’s Mom I hope you and your sweet baby are fairing well. It is such a difficult thing to deal with. I find I will still be sick with grief from losing Gus, but it comes and goes. Many blessings be upon you and Gigi.:sadhug2: