• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Story- A first hand account by Lord Maxwell Studmuffin

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
My Story – by Lord Maxwell Studmuffin

The first thing I remember is a dark place and somebirdie was feeding me . . But my leg hurt a lot and the other one would not work at all. Somebirdie kept forgetting about me and I was getting weaker and weaker but then all the little birdies with me were taken out of that dark place.
The next thing I remember was some big hands reaching down and grabbing me from that place and putting some kind of big machine in my mouth and I was so scared but there was food coming out so I ate. I was smaller than all those other birdies and they would walk all over me and peck at me. I couldn't get away from them and my leg hurt so much but then one day it just stopped hurting. The big hands kept reaching in and the big machine kept feeding me but then that stopped too and there was seed there but I had such a hard time getting to it cause all the other birdies kept climbing on me and pushing me out of the way.

One day the big hands stuffed all the birdies into a box and we went on a long ride and then the box got opened and we got dumped into a big place with straw all over the floor. There was food on the floor and water . The place was so scary and full of lights and had big ladders leaning up against the walls. There were all kinds of birdies in there and some strange looking blue and green ones. I could hear other noises all around and I started to imitate those noises to see if anybirdie could hear me when I cried for help. I was still so hungry all the time and it was really hard to climb those ladders as my legs just would not work. It was so hard to climb that ladder with the other birdies who j ust seemed to hop up .but I had to use my wings and my beak to climb. And dose green ones would peck at my head and sometimes the other birdies who looked like me would peck at me too. I would get to the top and I couldn't h ang on and sometimes fell right back down again and sometimes just slept on the floor in the straw. If I did make it to the top and wanted to sleep, I had to lean up against the wall cause my feets could not grab anything. Sometimes those other birdies wouldn't let me eat but I waited until they were mostly all napping before I would go down through the straw and grab a few mouthfuls.

A person at that place noticed I was having a hard time and she called someone in to come and look at my feets and I got some medicines that reminded me of the big machine. But they only gave that to me for one day and they never did take me out of that big place.

People used to come and stare in the big window and see all the birdies flying around and sometimes one of those birdies would get stuffed into a box and get taken away. All of us birdies were pretty scared when that happened because we weren't sure who was taking us and where we could be going. I mostly heard the other birdies talking about that because none of them liked me and I couldn't figure out what I had done wrong.

One day I was so tired and so hungry but I ate some seeds from the bottom of the floor and was trying to walk through the straw when a big, big lady pressed her face against the window. I tried to climb the ladder and those big birdies kept jumping on my back and pecking my head and the lady started screaming and some man came running over and I got to the top of the latdder and a big big blue bird jumped on me and then the man started screaming and some big hands came in and put me in a box. I was so scared and crying but after a while I calmed down because the big big lady kept singing to me and talking to me.

Then the box was opened and I thought I was going back to that other place with all the mean birds. But I was alone. I had to lean up against the ladder right by the food dishes but there was lots of food and I ate and drank and fell asleep. The man and the lady kept bugging me all night and looking to make sure I didn't fall off the ladder and the next thing you know the man came in with some huge huge cage and put me in that. It was all flat and had food dishes and stuff and all kinds of goodies and I ate like crazy. The man scooped me out of there and put me on a flat board . It was high up and there was some goodies there and water and a cage right n ext to it with a big flat board on it too. And there were other birdies there too. At first I was afraid of them but a little girl tiel kept coming over and she was pretty friendly and I watched what she was doing. There was another birdie in a cage right next to mine but she didn't come out at first and when she did, oh my. She was huge, such a big girl and so pretty.

I spent those first few days getting used to every thing new around me and watching the two girl birdies . The people were so nice to me. They scooped me up at night and put me in the big big cage but I got to stay out all day. ..and there was so much food. They put me into a little cage one day and I was so scared that they were taking me back to the place with all the lights but some man was looking at me and shaking his head. I got sent home with some medicine and the man would coo at me and stroke me and talk to me when he gave me that and I started to feel better because nobodirdie was trying to hurt me anymore.

I sure liked that big girl birdie and one day she flew over to this big black thing the people called “the fridge”. Well, my heart wanted to follow that big girl so I flew over to her on the fridge and those people started to cry. I started flying all over the place and they were scared and used to stand and watch me and sometimes I didn't land too good but after a while I got used to it and now I fly all over the place. And I sing, I sing very loud so that big girlie will hear how wonderful my voice is and I sings all kinds of songs that I learned over at that other place, but this time they are songs of joy.

And that big girl birdie is my girlfriend now and in the morning, when the man comes to scoop me out of the cage, the first thing I do is sing for her. And there are all kinds toys here to play with and food to eat, all kinds of food, I like those broccoli things and those eggs but sketti is my favorite. And there are windows to look out and birdies and trees and all kinds of things outside those windows. One day they came and put me in a cage again and I was only a bit scared, but I wasn't scared that they would take me back to the bad place. The man looked at me again and he was surprised I was still alive and doing so well. And my girlfriend was with me and he said she was a big healthy girl.

Even when I gets my two nails trimmed, I am not scared because those people love me so much. They tell me that all the time and they scritch me on the head and they do everything for me. I hope all those other birdies that got taken away in boxes came to good homes like this. That is what this is , my home and I love it here and I am finally, finally happy and every day I wake up and look forward to the day.

I have to go now because I am a busy little man.

greymatron

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Nicole
This made me so sad at the beginning but I knew it'd be a happy ending. :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Lord Maxwell, you are simply the BEST! :heart:

alnoble89

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amanda
Aww that sweet muffin.

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Such an awesome story Anne, love reading it and love the Lord as if he was my own. :heart:

You forgot to mention about his discovery of da nasty and doing it all the time. :dance5:

Vegemite

Real Name
Lynne
Awwww, sweet L-M-S. You truly are inspirational as are your wonderful mom and dad.

FidFlock

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nikki
Aw, what a touching story. Way to go LMSM! Love this story, and I'll probably read it again :heart:

lower027

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brittany
I know this is old but oh my goodness. I'm sitting here close to sobbing at work. This is so heartwarming. I wonder how maxwell and his family is now. Has anyone been in contact with them?

Heather F

Anne actually passed away a couple of years ago. :(

A few months ago at a pet expo I ran into one of the people who took in some of her birds - I can't remember for sure if she was the one who ultimately ended up with Max but I think she might have been because she mentioned that he had some significant special needs. We didn't chat long (I didn't actually mention that I knew exactly which birds these were that she had taken in, because there was some drama over the rehoming situation that doesn't need to be rehashed but a few people left the forums over it) but she was still taking care of the little handicapped tiel.

Edit: conferred with roommate and yes it definitely was Max. So at least as of a few months ago he was doing well.

Last edited:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I know this is old but oh my goodness. I'm sitting here close to sobbing at work. This is so heartwarming. I wonder how maxwell and his family is now. Has anyone been in contact with them?

Thanks for bumping this up. It has been a while since we thought of and mentioned Anne. Today we remember you and your flock. :hug8:

lower027

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brittany

A few months ago at a pet expo I ran into one of the people who took in some of her birds - I can't remember for sure if she was the one who ultimately ended up with Max but I think she might have been because she mentioned that he had some significant special needs. We didn't chat long (I didn't actually mention that I knew exactly which birds these were that she had taken in, because there was some drama over the rehoming situation that doesn't need to be rehashed but a few people left the forums over it) but she was still taking care of the little handicapped tiel.

Edit: conferred with roommate and yes it definitely was Max. So at least as of a few months ago he was doing well.
Oh dear! I'm so sorry! I'm happy Maxwell found a safe place to live though after all he had been through.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie

oh, thanks for saying!!! I have thought of all of them a number of times and wondered and hoped.
to read this again just made me cry for many reasons I'm sure you all understand. But I'm glad to know.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm glad to know that Maxwell hopefully has a good home. And hopefully Sam too. I think of our Anne alot, I miss her terribly!

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
still missing Anne & gang. I cry every time I think about them.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Yes we all still miss dear Anne. I like to think she is sitting at the rainbow bridge loving and hugging and scritching all our departed birdies.