• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My room smells like chicken poop.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Please help me. It's not a pleasant smell.

The little ladies have been in my bedroom since coming in, and I think I have two more weeks (if I'm counting right) until they can go outside to their coop.

Just two more weeks of 4am cheeps :roflmao:

But what can I do about the smell in the meantime? They get everything cleaned out and replaced daily, and yesterday, today, and tomorrow they've getting to enjoy the little baby gate for scratch-n-peck time. But come Friday we start getting rain until next week, and the humidity makes it a little more... Fragrant.

BluJay

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jay [he/him]
That is the funniest and funkiest post title I've seen on AA. Sorry I can't help.

BluJay

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jay [he/him]
Oh my the tears in my eyes...:congrats5:You've won the award! Best post title ever.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
What type of flooring do you have. If you have hardwood or tile spray it with a mixture of white vinegar and water. If your curtains or are washable take them down and wash them. Add vinegar to the wash cycle. Also wash bedding. The odor will permeate any cloth surfaces. May need to wash your clothes as well if just doing the floor, bedding and curtains don't do it.

If you have carpet, and curtains that can't be washed then I suggest you invest in Angry Orange cleaner. It is non-toxic once dry. You can order it from Amazon. Just use it sparingly because EVERYTHING will smell like oranges.