• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Reply from Lafeber about Ethoxyquin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
In another thread-there was a discussion about Lafebers Nutriberries and whether or not they still contained Ethoxyquin.Many on line stores that sell them-List it as an ingredient-which would Lead Us to believe the product contains this preservative:(The bag that I have here at home-does NOT list it----SO I wrote to Lafeber--here is My Reply( in less then 24 hours :)

Question

Posted by Bonnie on 11/28/2009
Ethoxyquin

I have read about Your use of this Ethoxyquin in Your making of Nutriberries.But if I'm not mistaken,I thought that You had stopped using it.I cannot find any information about this to Quell others fears about this!Most Web-sites that SELL Your product-still list Ethoxyquin as an Ingredient-where as a new bag that I have here does Not! Can You clear this Up for Me and Maybe send Me to some where that I can copy and Paste the info to share with others! I Have 15 birds and We use an awful lot of Nutriberries-I have just ordered 2 3 pound bags of Your Tropical Fruit for Parrots-I cannot afford to Have to throw them away-IF They do contain Ethoxyquin.I appreciate Your help on this! Thank You!
Lafeber Reply

Dear Bonnie
There is no Ethoxyquin in our Diets, There hasnt been in a few years now, I do not know where they would be getting product with old packaging? If you would be so kind as to call our Customer service Monday at 800 842 6445. You can also give this number to who ever is questioning the Ethoxyquin as well . We guarantee our Food as you know. If you have any more questions please let us know we are happy to help in any way.
Thank you very much
Kathi

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I can tell you right now I have their hand feeding formula in my freezer and IT does list Ethoxyquin in the ingredients and the lid says it expires Dec. 2010 it was bought brand new in Oct. 2009 From our local Pet Smart

if needed I can take pics.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was very happy when they stopped using it. I dont keep my bags (I put all my berries in a different container thats easier to get at) but I do remember them removing ethoxyquin a while back.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
I can tell you right now I have their hand feeding formula in my freezer and IT does list Ethoxyquin in the ingredients and the lid says it expires Dec. 2010 it was bought brand new in Oct. 2009 From our local Pet Smart

if needed I can take pics.
Kelli-the 800 number is right here-take it up with them!It is NOT listed on My nutriberries.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
that is good to know thanks for sharing

Tamara

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tamara R Money
Thanks for the info!

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Thanks Bonnie, I was sure that had taken it out a few years back...

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
I got some nutriberries a while back (a few months), and no Ethoxyquin in them.

LuvMyBirds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
I bought 3.25# of the classic ones. :( I give one each day to all 3 YNA. For a month now. Along with some Zupreem and Rowdybush pellets mixed in with the safflower mix. All I can say is after a solid month the only thing eating any of the add in's are the squirrels. Used seed recycled :) I won't stop trying though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.