• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Red Lored is officially off Zupreem Fruity pellets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
It's over, I win! :D When baby Kazoo came home his breeder packed us up with Hagan Tropican granules, sticks, biscuits and I bought a 4lb bag of the Tropimix. Since he's been living full time with my Mealy, my Red Lored has become "Monkey see, monkey do" and he even experiments with Kazoo's nightly ration of fresh veggies.

So far, he's been munching on raddichio (Radicchio is a leaf chicory (Cichorium intybus, Asteraceae), sometimes known as Italian chicory. It is grown as a leaf vegetable which usually has white-veined red leaves. It has a bitter and spicy taste, which mellows when it is grilled or roasted. It can also be used to add color and zest to salads.) but according to the holistic list of veggies to be free fed daily, it's on it.

Finally, no more colors!! :dance4:

Last edited:

Stevo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Great news! No more coloured poop... :rofl:

Danny eats Tropimix/Tropican, Roudybush and Vetafarm (Aussie pellet). :)

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
My birds eat Tropimix/Tropican and Roudybush (I alternate depending on what I can get)

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
:dance4: I switched mine to zupreem natural. It is great that Hoosier is trying new things.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Kazoo's breeder also has an online store but the link to the store didn't work so I found another place with better prices out of IL.

If anyone needs/wants the link to the place in IL, shoot me a PM.

I got 4.4 lbs of granules for $11.78 (compared to the 1.9 lb for $7.50) and a 4.4 lb of Tropmix for $16.28, I think I paid around $19 from his breeder and the smaller bags 1.9 lbs are like $5 something.......not bad at all shipped it was around $47

It was my firstime order and got it today. All date codes on the bags are all into 2010. I was leery, but it's a keeper and no sales tax since Kazoo's breeder is also in my State. :D

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That is great news!! Those colored poops are no fun :o:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
You guys won't believe me when I tell you he's less stinky. I mean his odor was almost pungent at times.........showers reduced it be Kazoo does NOT smell. Hoosier now doesn't smell like he did before.

It must be something with those things.......the pet store I once got Zupreem natural from the owner stated another customer had asked him to bring it in. He told me that the Women said her Grey smelled too on the fruity pellets.

I love the smell of the Tropican pellets, makes the whole birdroom smell sweet and inviting.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Dyed foods are not good for anyone, especially birds who absorb a lot pf what they eat (they are more sensitive to the things they eat than what we eat). I can totally see why Dyed foods and all the sugar and tings they add to zupreem, can cause a difference in smell of your bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.