• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Questions About the Sellers of Fertile Parrot Eggs and the Eggs Themselves

Avis

Meeting neighbors
I heard recently that you can buy fertile parrot eggs and raise them yourself, much like you would with chicken, duck or quail.

I have hatched out chicken eggs in the past and really enjoyed it. I have also handfed young budgies in the past (though they were old enough to have pin-feathers when I started) My point is, I think I am capable of doing it. Also, it really appeals to me. It sounds so amazing.

I know I don't have to raise and handfeed a bird to make it like me. (I've done a lot of research on this.) I just really want to because they are so sweet and babies are precious.

So I did a lot (a lot) of research. I found the best incubator, baby parrot formula, and I looked into the risks and problems and health issues. I'm prepared, but I also became very excited, which was a mistake.

Because as I looked into places to find the eggs, I started reading about scammers. Some people were saying that nobody sells fertile parrot eggs and they are all scammers. Is this true?

I would love to hear advice about how to avoid scammers or to know if someone is legitimate or not.

I found a website that sells fertile parrot eggs for hatching called Joseph Breeders Farm, which seems legitimate to me (but again I don't know what I'm looking for) and I would love if any of you could search it up and give some advice. I don't know how to copy links and put them here (sorry) but if you search "Joseph Breeders Farm" it should show up.

In advance, thank you all!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Parrot eggs do not travel well, parrot eggs are often not allowed to legally be sold in most places as far as I am aware, and generally, any decent breeder who has credibility, morals and ethics would not want it ruined by selling a parrot egg knowing the extremely high risks involved in transporting them and the high chances any fertile egg would die during transport.

I have not yet seen a site selling parrot eggs that is not a scam. Without looking past the top of the page for site you mentioned I would say scam straight up... they say they ship worldwide which is not even something that can be done let alone an affordable thing to do in many cases.
Looking straight down to the bottom (pay section) I can't even work out how they want you to pay- they have no secure way for customers to pay them so I would be willing to bet my right arm they are a scam site.

Avis

Meeting neighbors
Thank you for this! Also that is a very cute macaw picture! :)

Winn

Jogging around the block
There are many scammers claiming to sell fertile parrot eggs and even promising to ship live birds. I can't speak to this specific company but they seem to have a 10 egg minimum order from what I saw.
I have read about other scams online regarding eggs (and live birds) where the "seller" would contact the buyer after the initial transaction saying "you need to purchase an incubator to ship your egg", or "you need to purchase a heating (or cooling) cage to ship your birds". One buyer had the specific incubator the seller suggested and realized it has to be plugged in to work (buyer's wake-up call that he was being scammed)..

It's always best to check out a bird in person before buying. As far as incubating parrot eggs I have heard it's difficult to maintain viability even if one transports the egg in person.
Even if the eggs are shipped and arrive intact there would be a VERY slim chance any would hatch.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Agree, never get an egg always a scam . Even zoo would not get an egg from another zoo, to much risk of addled egg...etc.

I also don't recommend getting an un-weaned parrot. This is not going to make a better pet or better bond with you. Plus there is a high mortality rate, even with experienced hand raisers. Ethical breeders aren't going to sell you an un weaned baby. Bad breeders will because its a quick profit saves them so much time and effort , and work in a weaning. They then can double clutch their pairs, and put that work into more babies for profit.

You are so much better off on a fully weaned by abundance baby with the added benefits of baby socially interactions with clutch and learning some feather care and preening from each other and observed adults that are probably around.

Reactions: tka

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Here are my tips:

I can tell just by the home page that the site you're looking at is 100% a scam.

Avis

Meeting neighbors
Thank you all so much. I'm a bit bummed out but this is very helpful for me.

I intended to get a fully-weaned bird from the beginning. When I was looking for breeders I found out about the eggs and got excited. Oh well.

I'm so grateful for all your help.

Edit: I just read the site How to Spot a Parrot Scam Thank you so much for this. It is very helpful!

Now that I can ensure that I won't be scammed out of a parrot, stay tuned for pics later!!

Last edited:

Winn

Jogging around the block
Here are my tips:

I can tell just by the home page that the site you're looking at is 100% a scam.
I read your link and did a test. I copied part of the intro to Joseph Breeder Farm ( "have been breeding exotic birds since 1988 on their farm and specialize in importing and exporting birds from our Farms. The aviaries have been set up in separate blocks overlooking a large landscaped garden with many trees".)
When I searched the text "bestparrotfarm.us" showed up... as well as "Danbirdfarm.com" and "Foreign Trade Online". (I didn't look for more...)
:huh:

Wise advice in the linked article!!!

Avis

Meeting neighbors
I read your link and did a test. I copied part of the intro to Joseph Breeder Farm ( "have been breeding exotic birds since 1988 on their farm and specialize in importing and exporting birds from our Farms. The aviaries have been set up in separate blocks overlooking a large landscaped garden with many trees".)
When I searched the text "bestparrotfarm.us" showed up... as well as "Danbirdfarm.com" and "Foreign Trade Online". (I didn't look for more...)
:huh:

Wise advice in the linked article!!!
Thanks for doing that! This is all pretty crazy to me. I never thought I would be able to fall for a scam but I came pretty close. I'm so glad you're all helping me so much. I think that I'll only buy birds in person after this. It's a bit spooky!