• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Quaker "Kiwi" escaped while on vacation!

Drejoe1

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Andrea Stallworth-Davis
Hello everyone,

My name is Dre and I am a proud mom/owner of 4 Quakers (Kiwi, Indigo, Jade and Minty). Kiwi, my 14 year old Quaker Parrot who will be celebrating her 15th birthday on July 13th escaped from a newly constructed outdoor aviary my aunt allowed me to set up for my babies in her large backyard in Tifton. Ga. I live in Coral Springs, FL and I was visiting her with my family/flock. Kiwi panicked at the new aviary and flew towards the open double doors as I brought in one of her sister and brother! I added an extra security measure of a screen flap in front of the entrance that immediately caught her but, didn't keep her as I reached to grab her! She flapped hard again and the weighted flap lifted enough for her to fly out into the wilds of Southern Georgia! I am devastated and desperate to get my baby back! She is spoiled and has never been in the wild or Georgia! She must be terrified, hungry and thirsty . She was heard but not seen screaming all day on July 5th from the top of one of the gigantic Pine trees in the "Forest" surrounding my aunt's home. I could not get her to fly down and was devastated that I had to leave my baby outside with owls, bats and other night time predators! I couldn't wait for dawn. Since it was the 5th, fireworks were still being lit and as I tried to calm down and rest, a thunderstorm from hell rolled in that night. I prayed and prayed but, in the morning there was no sound or sight of her. I am truly brokenhearted. If I was back home I think finding her would be feasible to me. But, how do you find a small green bird in a forest? I return home to Florida from this "vacation" on thd 18th. I cannot even fathom leaving without my diva who has slept beside me in her "night night" for the past 15 years. I am heartsick and cannot function . Please, any suggestions to get her back to her family. I have done all of the common suggestions. Social Media, Vets, Pet Store, Animal Control, Police and flyers everywhere. Any additional suggestions would be greatly welcomed. God bless.

Attachments

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So sorry to hear this best of luck finding her :hug8:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Make sure to contact all pet stores, vets, shelters, humane societies, rescues, etc. Anyone having anything to do with any species of animal. And post to online classifieds. I hope you succeed!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my goodness I am so sorry this has happened. I hope so badly that you are able to find her.