• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My poor Quicksilver micro pullet is sick...

Callista15

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Callista(Cally)
Poor Quicksilver is going to the vet tomorrow. She's far behind on feather growth, and is looking kind of droopy. She still weighs 2.30 oz. even at six weeks, as opposed to her 5.12 oz. brother Mr. Sunshine. Micros are normal for Seramas, but she should be more feathered by now. We're feeding her fish oil and yoghurt until her vet appointment at 5:30 tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Ohhh.......hope she'll be ok. :hug8:

Callista15

Real Name
Callista(Cally)
We took her in, with her sister Winter Queen as company. They couldn't find any physical defects or abnormalities, so they're running a blood test for a bacterial or fungal infection, which will be back in forty two hours. I've got my fingers crossed it isn't anything uncurable. So many micros live shortened lives. I'm hoping Quicksilver doesnt. She was so mad, and is still glaring at me. Hopefully the stress won't hurt her. Winter had a great time, and enjoyed playing with the receptionist while Quicksilver was being examined.

Callista15

Real Name
Callista(Cally)
image.jpg
Quicksilver, with Crosswise and Skywing, giving me the evil eye. She's the slightly bigger chick on the right.

Callista15

Real Name
Callista(Cally)
Quicksilver got the same dormant virus that most Seramas have, turns out she had a trigger that let it get out of hand. But the good news is with cod liver oil, fruit for vitamin C, and being spoon fed yoghurt and mash, she is doing much better, and has gained more than thirty grams, and is slightly larger than Bop(our smallest male, and second smallest serama). So hopefully she'll thrive with a little TLC. :)

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
That's good news, Cally! I hope she continues to improve. :hug8:

Callista15

Real Name
Callista(Cally)
Quicksilver is doing great. She's turned three months, and is 4.35 ounces today. The hormones have started hitting, and she's in love with her bratty half-brother Bop. They roost together, and are fiercely protective of each other. I considered separating them, but she's unlikely to ever produce fertile eggs, so why not let her be happy? Quicksilver has also been going pretty much everywhere with me, and loves to ride on my shoulder, or in my coat collar. She's now on a first-name basis with the people at Molbak's, lol.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
Awww so glad she is okay!! <3 chickens are so sweet- we love ours too. :hug8:

Callista15

Real Name
Callista(Cally)
She's fully grown now, at 5.40 ounces. I bought her a Flightsuit, and now she loves to hang out with Shadow, my silkied serama hen. It's kind of amazing. There's ten Flightsuit sizes between her and her mother.