• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My poor Eva

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Guys, I’m so disappointed and it’s a long story but my little Eva (lovebird) got injured. I’m crying as I write this even though she is ok. I was so scared I just wrapped her in the tiniest hand towel and rushed her to the vet. That’s how you know I thought she wasn’t going to make it, I didn’t bring a carrier, I just picked her up and put her to my chest. The vet had no idea what type of bird this even was, he said parakeet, conure, but it was the only option. I swear, I thought I was going to lose her. She was mostly unresponsive for almost an hour and just laid on my chest with her eyes closed, low breathing, zero movement, completely limp. It broke my heart.

I brought her home and Wally was calling to her, and she peeped back. She started to act like her old self. I was trying to keep them separated but they really were stressing and he is especially gentle with her at night and they have their heater so I’m watching them in my room. I’m so thankful and so sorry

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
That sounds really scary! I hope she makes a full recovery! You did good acting as quick as you did!

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
prayers up she continues to improve.
you must have been so very scared.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry! That must have been terrifying! I hope she makes a full recovery.

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Thanks, I wasn’t ready to talk about it last night but this is what happened. My husband placed their birdie playground (which has a heavy wooden base) on top of their cage. It fits flush against it but this time he didn’t make sure and there was a small gap. Eva wedged herself in there and got stuck. She tried to wiggle free but couldn’t get a foothold of the grate.

When I came up from downstairs I immediately found her missing, started screaming her name and Wally was calling for her too. After about 10 min I finally found her, scooped her up and she looked like she was flattened, especially her wings were out. She was bleeding on the side of her beak, limp, eyes closed, unresponsive.

Today she is bright eyed, eating, drinking, flying, and even nibbled my finger. The blood is all gone, from the water and Wally cleaning it up. She gave me a big scare. They get into so many things and she was only missing for a 5 min and didn’t make a sound. I thank God and my intuition or I might not have gotten to her in time.

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
I am so very glad she feels good this morning
:heart:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
That’s scary I am so glad she’s ok I hope you are too

Aestatis

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
That's so scary! The good news is that your quick thinking and awareness saved her. :) Even though she was the one that was hurt, it must have been terrifying for you. Make sure to take time this weekend to destress and love on her!

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
:bighug: Things can go south so quickly with Birds. I'm very happy she's OK. What a scare for you both.

Sounds like you went to an emergency vet clinic? I'm in the same boat as there's an emergency vet in the next town over but they don't always have a vet on that knows about Birds. It's difficult when you don't have many options