• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My parrot raises and lowers its wing while sleeping and it itches sometimes

Nnbal

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
My parrot raises and lowers its wing while sleeping, sometimes itches and snaps its beak. Why could it be?
Thank you.

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
:bump7:

peachypjm

Strolling the yard
My parrot raises and lowers its wing while sleeping, sometimes itches and snaps its beak. Why could it be?
Thank you.
if its raising and lowering wings, seems to be stretching. if it has any other weird behaviors while doing that, it may be a hormonal behavior. snapping its beak, as in making the sound, that's called beak grinding, that means it's content and comfortable ! :heart: itching is fine, birds can get itchy!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
My bird often snaps his beak when comfy and resting, he also clicks his beak sometimes when he’s really excited. He will itch whenever he needs to regardless of the hour.
Can you get a video to share of the behaviour you see. Descriptions are never as easy for members to get a good understanding of the behaviour as footage is.

Nnbal

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
if its raising and lowering wings, seems to be stretching. if it has any other weird behaviors while doing that, it may be a hormonal behavior. snapping its beak, as in making the sound, that's called beak grinding, that means it's content and comfortable ! :heart: itching is fine, birds can get itchy!
No other strange behavior. Thank you for sharing. :heart2:

Nnbal

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
My bird often snaps his beak when comfy and resting, he also clicks his beak sometimes when he’s really excited. He will itch whenever he needs to regardless of the hour.
Can you get a video to share of the behaviour you see. Descriptions are never as easy for members to get a good understanding of the behaviour as footage is.
Understood. Of course I'm gonna make a video to night. Thank you.

Nnbal

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
I'm sorry. How can I add a voice recording?