• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent My parrot injured her tongue

Rumo2013

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rumaisa
I have a female Quaker parrot who is 6 years old. I noticed yesterday or the day before that she kept itching her tongue. Today I noticed that she may have bit her tongue. It’s like a circle but it’s looks like a cut. And she uses the tip of her beak to itch it or peel her tongue. And I have videos and pictures of it. I am not sure but the back of her throat I see saliva like a bubble like how humans have it. So please tell me what to do or if I need to see a vet and I’ll post pictures. Also she is eating and the wound isn’t bleeding. 91158FDA-2818-443B-80D4-8F737E06955B.png h

Rumo2013

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rumaisa
Ok my vet won’t be here till Thursday but tomorrow I might go to the bird store to see if it’s a serious injury. But in the first pic do u see the the saliva in the back of the throat.

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I do. Can you mark or circle the parts on the pics where you're thinking there's an injury?

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
That looks like normal coloration to me but it's hard to say.

Rumo2013

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rumaisa
So my Quaker parrot is itching her tongue with the tip of her beak. I don’t think it’s normal. Did anyone have a parrot who did that before. I am thinking she has an infection or something. Also she is six years old. She is eating and when I massage her she stops doing it and it mostly happens during the afternoon or evenings.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I do you not know ask your avian vet

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Has anything in her diet changed?

@Mizzely ?

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
See avian veterinarian please

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I have merged these two threads to contain all replies and information in one place.

Rumo2013

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Rumaisa
Has anything in her diet changed?

@Mizzely ?
I am trying to give her more vegetables but my family members give her bread behind my back. So I think that could be a cause bc too much carbs is not good for birds.