• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My parakeet is still having trouble enjoying and wanting to spend out of cage time!

marso

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Zivan Erdevicki
Ok, I made a really diy perch outside of the cage that she can come to the perches also still have the bark on so she can bite them and practice foraging, it has most of her toys and I also add some millet. She usually just goes out once or twice to chomp on some millet while we practice stepping up and goes back in her cage. Can you please help me decipher what is happening and how I can make her love spending time with me. I want her to stay active mentally and physically. She seems comfortable around me as I can give her cuddles and kiss her the only problem is that I just don't know why she doesn't want to come out. Thank, You

Attachments

IRNluv

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Olivia
It's something new so it will take so time to trust that it won't jump up and bite her. Give her time to get used to looking at it. Making it sit higher than her cage will also make it more appealing.