• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video My Other Work Stage.....

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'

You are slightly incorrect Sandra as Joe is happy anywhere the birds are, he is just a great guy and Sarah don't go telling me again not to say that as it will go to his head. :D

I didn't realize his truck was another one of his babies but that is often the case with guys and their trucks. Joe just has a lot of babies in his life: the birdies, his son and of coarse, Sarah. Makes for one happy family I say. :heart:

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
That was awesome! How long does it take to train the horses? Do you start them individually and then work them as a group?

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
The video does make you and the horses seem short. If you dont mind my asking, how tall are you and the horses?
And why do you want out of the show?

Hmmm, I guess I'm about 5'8" I'm also in three in heals. The horses are national show horses and they are about 15ish hands high.

To put it simply I don't enjoy it as much as I used too. I just enjoy the birds more.... The training is different the audience is different... I don't like the seriousness that comes with the horse show, I'd rather have fun and laugh at my mistakes in the birdroom if I had my choice. Unfortunately, there are no replacements for what I do. The show must go on as they say.

That was awesome! How long does it take to train the horses? Do you start them individually and then work them as a group?

The term for this style of training is "at liberty". Meaning they are loose with no ropes or riders. Our horses are born into the show and can start performing loose with their moms at only a few weeks old. Typically you would start them individually but where putting together a multi horse act you start them together as they choose their own lineup. Pecking order starts from the first horse back. My lead horse passed away a few years ago. The new guy is leading the pack which is difficult for him... he does not yet feel part of the team. The last horse in line is my only mare... my LAZY girl with privileges she thinks. Her name is princess.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
@Macawnutz Sarah, I'd be wary of letting Joe go to TASC without you, one (or more) of us might want to keep him and take him home.

:laugh: Not worried.... he has no problem spending money on the birdies and he would make it back home sooner or later. :D You could borrow him if you like, he works well for home cooked meals. ;)

You aren't going to be able to go then?

I'm still working on it but it's not looking good. The midwest horse fair is the week before... :( That cuts out half our staff and doubles our business.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
We could all meet up and see the show in Honor of Peggy's Memory as I know she would be there in spirit.
Oh Peggy, I am sorry you had to leave us before you could have come up and seen the shows.

I think that Peggy saw it. I found out about her passing by PM right before walking out into the arena.... I said clearly out loud, "this ones for you Peggy".

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
What a beautiful show Sarah!

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Wow. Your show is awesome! I am amazed at all of the talent here at AA.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Okay.. nevermind! I just found it and the costume is MUCH worse. In the summer I have biker pants and a cowboy hat.. I don't want to talk about what I wear in the Xmas show. :rofl::wideyed:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm still working on it but it's not looking good. The midwest horse fair is the week before... :( That cuts out half our staff and doubles our business.
So if you can't make TASC because of the timing, how about coming to AFA in Chicago? Then we could have SEVERAL days to hang out!

I think that Peggy saw it. I found out about her passing by PM right before walking out into the arena.... I said clearly out loud, "this ones for you Peggy".
Yeah - I have tears now. . . .

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
So if you can't make TASC because of the timing, how about coming to AFA in Chicago? Then we could have SEVERAL days to hang out!

Is it a weekend or during the summer? If so, not likely. :( Joe and I could drive down for dinner or something if it is several days.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Is it a weekend or during the summer? If so, not likely. :( Joe and I could drive down for dinner or something if it is several days.
I marked July 30, 31 and August 1 on my calendar. Thursday, Friday, Saturday. I understand seminars at same time and you pick and choose? I've never been to one