• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Order Just Came!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
wow nice haul

and that's one huge Manu block :D

What exactly is it for? I know they use it like a Cuttle bone but would one of those Replace a cuttle bone and Mineral block Or be used with them?

We give our birds both Cuttle bones and Mineral blocks (right now we're on the pineapple shaped ones we used to get the 2 in one - cuttle bone in the center mineral on the outside) they always use the cuttle bones barely ever touch the Mineral blocks its more of a place to stand , and a poop magnet :(

HungryBird

Rollerblading along the road
It's like the best mineral block ever! It comes from the Manu River that flows "from the foothills of Peru's Andes to the mighty Amazon" according to the back of the package. I love, love, love Manu and will never use anything else. I also recently found out a lot of mineral blocks contain plaster of paris, which I don't think my birds should eat.

Manu contains calcium, iron, manganese, potassium, zinc (not dangerous zinc!), copper, magnesium, phosphorus, and sodium. I still offer cuttnice girlnes as well, but only from trusted sources. I just bought two huge cuttlebones from a store near my house and they are really the best kind I have ever seen. They are huge and fluffy and look great. I'm thinking of getting a 5lb box of them from The Birdsafe Store.

CrashSmAshley

Real Name
Ashley
Have you used the bag o' bugs before? I'm thinking about getting some for Simon...

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
You got a lot of goodies!!!! :highfive:

HungryBird

Haha I've been using Bag O' Bugs for a long time now and highly recommend it! Actually the man who runs The Birdsafe Store got it in stock for me, which was a really nice thing to do.

Everyone must try Bag O' Bugs and Manu!

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Looks like a great assortment! The Birdsafe Store is a great store to buy from!

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
You've got some great stuff there. I have to admit the Bag O' Bugs freaks me out a little :eek::eek: :hehe:

Faen

Hit the Road
wow nice haul

and that's one huge Manu block :D

What exactly is it for? I know they use it like a Cuttle bone but would one of those Replace a cuttle bone and Mineral block Or be used with them?

We give our birds both Cuttle bones and Mineral blocks (right now we're on the pineapple shaped ones we used to get the 2 in one - cuttle bone in the center mineral on the outside) they always use the cuttle bones barely ever touch the Mineral blocks its more of a place to stand , and a poop magnet :(
Manu replaces both cuttlebone AND mineral block and they're actually better than the two. Manu is more natural.. or more what they would fine in the wild. They also have a smaller size. They're really good... possibly a tad on the pricey side depending where you get it from and what size you get but well worth it considering what it has to offer.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I used to have 2 Manu perches. They were quite costly too.

So what exactly is Manu used for? :huh:I really don't know if my parrots maximized the use of that perch.:huh:

HungryBird

I have not tried the perches yet but plan to! They also have a pine cone Manu! I am so excited to try these! I really wish they made a huge Manu with a 12 or 16 inch diameter. Then I could put it in the back of the cage and it would be like my birds were right there on the Manu River! I know I am crazy and the only one who would buy something like that!

My birds LOVE Manu! They devour it at lightning speed. It is more expensive than regular mineral blocks, which are usually 99 cents or so, but in my mind it is more than worth it. My birds really like it and eat a lot of it. When I tried giving them a regular mineral block they wouldn't touch it. At least with Manu they eat it a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.