• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures My nieces Piggie's

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
My niece has 2,Guinea pigs, Ash and and Matilda. They are cute but they are the stinkiest critters I have ever been around! I won't ever own any due to the smell but she loves them and I have to admit they are adorable :heart:
They were just given a bath so not very happy in these pics!
20140803_232626.jpg 20140803_232714.jpg 20140803_232749.jpg 20140803_232618.jpg 20140803_232656.jpg

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
And not sure why the pics are sideways :wideyed:

Somebirdie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
How sweet are they!

I never noticed them having a smell when I had them (both as a young kid and when I was about 12), I must be immune to animal scents. I find my gliders musky smell comforting, Kris thinks it's revolting :lol:

What do you think they smell like? I'm intrigued!

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wheek wheek! Precious :heart:
I think the two biggest smell-causes are fresh poop and wet hay.

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
How sweet are they!

I never noticed them having a smell when I had them (both as a young kid and when I was about 12), I must be immune to animal scents. I find my gliders musky smell comforting, Kris thinks it's revolting :lol:

What do you think they smell like? I'm intrigued!

they smell like pee and poop. 2 days after cleaning their cage they start to stink and the cage not only stinks but they stink too. They are cute but I prefer my non smelly chinchilla Delilah too the stinkiness of guinea pigs. When you walk into the house it smells like a pet store yuck!

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Awwwe :angelic:

Not much of a guinea pig fan either. But they're super cute when they're some one else's. Same goes for ferrets and rabbits in my book as well. Not fond of the rodent perfume they occasionally leave off. Then again, I've been around a lot of males too and think that probably makes a difference.

Katster

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
:xflove: These little ones make the most adorable noise out there :xflove:

Cute photos!

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
yes they are so Messy!! But I cannot believe no one elses guinea pigs smell! I mean they are the smelliest animals I have ever had! But thank goodness they are not mine and will not be coming with me when I move out. I keep trying to find ways to keep the odor down. Right now use fleece for the bedding with a UHaul pad underneath to absorb the pee and people say that is supposed to work very well but it doesn't seem to. The fleece just looks cute and less expensive than shavings. We also have a kitchen with yesterday's news cat litter in it that is supposed to keep the order down and they are supposed to go more in their kitchen in their cage but ours do not do that. Not sure what we are doing wrong but they are cute and my niece loves them. But I'll stick with my chinchila.
quote="MyAussieFriends, post: 2034539, member: 9434"]Weird, my guys don't really have a smell. But they sure are messy :hehe:[/quote]

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
They are so cute! :heart:

Debbie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Debbie
I have 3 piggies..2 girls, 1 boy but he is neutered. I have heard that sometimes intact males have a smell and need their glands cleaned..I use shavings and do a complete replace every2 - 3 days, and they are in a 2X4 cage. About every other month a will give them a bath. These will probably be my last piggies because of the expense. Between the litter, hay, piggie food, vit.C tablets and lettuce, veggies ect they are not a cheap pet. I think my birds are a little cheaper so I think I will stick to them and my dogs. Plus as I get older I really need to start cutting back. I've had some sort of small animal since I was in 3 rd grade and I'm 58 now. Piggies are rescues...they are about 3 1/2 now..

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
They're so cute! Like @GuineaPigster, I have two big males. The key is to keep a clean cage. (also the piggies too!) Since they are intact, glands, etc need cleaned on a regular basis...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
:eek: The boar cleanings! I didn't know you had pigs! :)
Yep, we have Harvey, a big old Teddy Bear piggie, and Buster-a shiny black piggie with just a HINT of white at the very tip of his nose! I'll have to post pics of them when I get a chance... :)

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Yep, we have Harvey, a big old Teddy Bear piggie, and Buster-a shiny black piggie with just a HINT of white at the very tip of his nose! I'll have to post pics of them when I get a chance... :)
You definitely should!! :heart: I love teddy pigs!