• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My new sweetheart

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
She is very cute!

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Aw what a baby! :heart:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
What does Miss Lena think of her new baby sister? I'll bet they're so cute together! feeldaluvsmiley.gif

Feathery

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nichole
How large is her kennel? Sometimes puppies will poop in their kennel of its too large. You want it big enough so that they can stand up and turn around, and not much bigger. That's why a lot of large dog crates come with a divider so that you can enlarge their area as they grow. She may also need to be taken out more frequently. Pooping in her kennel could also be a learned behavior if she wasn't given adequate breaks to potty where she was previously kept. Puppies should be taken out at least every couple hours and within 15 mins or so after each meal to give them a chance to potty.

Catherine89

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
Yes and I think thats the issue. I just took her out and she went outside so I made a big fuss over her telling her what a good girl she was. The shelter told me because of how over crowded they are each dog was just let out 20 minutes a day and for a 3 month old puppy that no where near enough. Since I've learned her schedule yesterday I think we can really work on it and once she has been healed she won't be in there but just at night and when no one is able to watch her. I also work from home so I will be able to let her out every few hours

Feathery

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nichole
Puppies are a lot of work! I've raised my fair share. I think after my old boy is gone, it'll be a while before I get another. Perhaps I'll get a senior dog next time.

Is this your first puppy?

Catherine89

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
Puppies are a lot of work! I've raised my fair share. I think after my old boy is gone, it'll be a while before I get another. Perhaps I'll get a senior dog next time.

Is this your first puppy?

Nope she my 4th.I had a chocolatea lab as a teen. I had to put down my 14 year old cockerspainel on May 2nd. We had her since she was 8 weeks. We also have a 4 year old pit bull . We got her at 11 weeks. Yes they are a lot of work. I told my husband when I picked Bella up a lady brought back a puppy because it was pooping in his crate and chasing her cats and chickens. I told him sometimes I think people expect puppies to come home trained on not to do those things

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Kittens practically train themselves. Maybe that’s why.