• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My new chicks and duckies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
They look cute!

Matt

jasminlana

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elsie
awww how cute, just adorable.

Robin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
Adorable !!!!!!!!!!!
I used to have a duck growing up and it followed me every where I went. It would also sit in my lap and let me pet him. He also slept with my dog. :)

jennluna

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
Ducklings are soooo adorable when they're little. And then they grow up into ducks who don't do anything but eat and poop. And poop. And poop. lol We had ducks several years ago but their enclosure got raided by something (raccoon maybe) and killed them. :(

Sky

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
They are so cute! I"m jealous, :p I've always wanted chickens and I'd love another duck.

Ducklings are soooo adorable when they're little. And then they grow up into ducks who don't do anything but eat and poop. And poop. And poop. lol We had ducks several years ago but their enclosure got raided by something (raccoon maybe) and killed them. :(
No they don't :( I like ducks better than parrots actually. They are wonderful birds. Playful, intelligent, very much like parrots, I think. I have very tame ducks that follow me, live indoors part of the time (they go outside every day too but are indoors at night and in bad weather) and know tricks and can understand many phrases (and actually obey them, like "Dill, don't touch")

mrstweet

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
They are so cute when they are little!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
They are wonderful birds. Playful, intelligent, very much like parrots, I think. I have very tame ducks that follow me, live indoors part of the time (they go outside every day too but are indoors at night and in bad weather) and know tricks and can understand many phrases (and actually obey them, like "Dill, don't touch")

Ducks are very smart! We have a pair of muscovey hens and they are such cuties. they keep the fly population at a minimum here and are so much fun to watch :heart:

jennluna

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
They are so cute! I"m jealous, :p I've always wanted chickens and I'd love another duck.

No they don't :( I like ducks better than parrots actually. They are wonderful birds. Playful, intelligent, very much like parrots, I think. I have very tame ducks that follow me, live indoors part of the time (they go outside every day too but are indoors at night and in bad weather) and know tricks and can understand many phrases (and actually obey them, like "Dill, don't touch")

I didn't mean any offense--I was just teasing. I didn't find our ducks to be at all like parrots but they also weren't tame.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
They look very cute swimming!

Matt

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Oh my what cuties you have!!
Looks like the ducks in particular are jokesters!

The chicks remind me of baby parrots getting feather whiel the duckies still look all soft and downy :)
Thanks for sharing pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.