• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My new chickies

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Here's just a few pictures of my new babies.:D I'll be picking up 2 more babies tomorrow. These first ones are assorted breed straight run. So I'm not 100% sure on any of their breeds. I do know I have some feather legged bantams though.:D
When everything is said and done I'll have picked up chicks a total of 5 times this year.:eek: But I'm getting the breeds I want and they'll be close enough in age I only should have to have 2 brooders going.

Tiny- If I had to guess I'd guess he/she is a Mille Fleur Bantam
2012-03-15_12-57-58_909.jpg

These next ones I'd guess are Golden Laced or Partridge Cochin Bantams. I've tried googling both types and well both have pictures that look like mine. But on the hatchery's website the picture they have for the Golden Laced matches how these ones look. Time will tell. I have 5 of these little guys.:)
2012-03-15_12-49-25_476.jpg 2012-03-15_12-55-26_546.jpg 2012-03-15_12-51-42_316.jpg 2012-03-15_12-50-57_2.jpg 2012-03-15_12-50-11_851.jpg

Then there's this little yellow one that might be a White Cochin.
2012-03-15_12-52-28_768.jpg

So those are my little Bantams at 3 days old.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Very cute babies!

Matt

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Here's my standard chicks.
I think these 2 are probably Brown Leghorns.
2012-03-15_12-45-24_376.jpg 2012-03-15_12-46-53_206.jpg

And then thinking these 3 are Barred Rocks
2012-03-15_12-46-16_131.jpg 2012-03-15_12-48-21_901.jpg 2012-03-15_12-47-33_280.jpg

And then some random pictures of the babies.:heart:
This is the second smallest but it's already got attitude. This one is almost impossible to get laying on it's back. Which according to some people would mean it's a little cockerel.
2012-03-15_13-06-09_969.jpg

Love the color of the feathers on these little ones heads.:heart:
2012-03-15_13-05-52_65.jpg

And it's sleepy time
2012-03-14_12-26-01_446.jpg

wonderb

Avenue Spotlight Award
aw! i love chickens. do you keep them for eggs?

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
:heart::heart::heart:OMG, they are ADORABLE!!!!. I swear, there's nothing cuter in the whole world than a baby chicken. don't tell Weeble I said that, though. lol

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
aw! i love chickens. do you keep them for eggs?
Yes I keep them for their eggs and entertainment.:D Chickens are SO entertaining. I love standing at my sink and watching them wander the backyard.
I can't eat things I've grown since day 1.:o: If we were to do meat chickens they'd have to be at my parents and I could never have anything to do with them until I was pulling one out of the freezer.

FreeByrd

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Oh! They're so FLUFFY!!! How cute.... I've never seen one in real life... but I imagine they are delightful to hold. :heart: (well, except for the one with attitude!) I hope you keep posting pics over the days so we can see how they grow..... :)

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Oh! They're so FLUFFY!!! How cute.... I've never seen one in real life... but I imagine they are delightful to hold. :heart: (well, except for the one with attitude!) I hope you keep posting pics over the days so we can see how they grow..... :)
You need to see one in real life some day. I love their belly feathers. They are so soft and they just shimmer in the light. Ahh the one with attitude is just little, it's when they get big like my Barred Rock rooster from last year when you got to start watching out for them. Think he's going to end up in the neighbors stew pot since he takes off after my kids which is a big no no. My kids are #1.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are so adorable!!:heart::heart:

merlinsmom13

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
:omg::faint: I miss my chickens. Nothing like a baby chic, they are so sweet.

penny'smom

Real Name
Ashley
I LOVE LOVE LOVE chickens. If and when I have the space, I want to adopt some from Farm Sanctuary. When I was at their CA shelter last month I spent most of my time in the courtyard with the hens, and cleaning the bird barns. They are such a joy to watch, and they have such personality. I also got to assist with health checks, which is when I learned how to catch fowl- fun! The roosters were all very nice except for one who got testy at times, but I dealt with him by catching him and petting him when he got frisky - the heavy dose of affection made him think twice before coming after me, LOL.

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Your little ones are ADORABLE!!!!!
I got my chicks yesterday two. My Mille Fleur doesnt look anything like yours though. She's all Black except for her bum tail and her wings, which are a gol colour, and the man said her white spots would come out later on. I will try to post some pics soon. I also go two Buff Orpintons, and an Easter Egger. I really wanted a Barred Rock, but he didnt have any at the right age.

SOOOOO CUTE!
My little buggers are loving splashing in the water dish and scratching in the food dish.....I have to get some real feeders/waterers soon, LOL

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Chickens are amazing animals that are given very very little credit! Yours look adorable!:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.