• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Munchy DIED TODAY

Munchy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Archie gallo
Last night about 2 am I heard a noise, my bird (now I know) suffered a stroke that paralyzed his legs, he tried to move his legs by biting them ( that explained blood)so only thing I could do was reach out for this site for help,I thought it was maybe an accident, he got caught up in something in cage, I begged for help from this community,I tried to upload a 7 second video, so that I could show his current condition,I got no comments or advice or help from no one, only one person replied and that was to tell me that I could not load videos unles I put it on YouTube first then I could up load.i took him to aviary profesional vet, he advised me and told me what happened, I understand no one could have prevented the stroke, but I reached out to this community and no one answered the door I am heartbroken and down right very upset at this community, I’m not looking to blame anyone for his death, but I would like an explanation why no one cared not even a little bit.......

Shannan

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shannan
I'm so sorry you felt left out. And I am terribly sorry for your loss. When a bird dies suddenly it is heartbreaking. I did look at your post but since you had already indicated you were headed to the vet, I did not feel qualified to give you any more advice although rest assured I was rooting for you and hoping that you would soon post better news. Please accept my most sincere sympathy on your loss.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm very sorry to hear about your bird's passing. We absolutely do care; you had done the right things that many of us would have told you to do already.

You asked if he was in pain, we said he could be.

You asked if he could live with one foot, we said he could.

You asked for help uploading a video and I explained how to accomplish this.

Your post came in at 1am EST when the forum is not as active.

We have zero vets on this forum. We try where we can but you had a good game plan in place to get him to the vet this morning.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm very sorry to hear that Munchy passed away. I was hoping for an update with better news. Unfortunately when things like this happen getting to a vet as soon as possible which you did is the best thing you can do. Again I'm so very sorry for your loss. Fly high and free Munchy.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I am sorry to hear that Munchy passed on. I also was hoping for a better update this morning after you saw the vet.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am so, so sorry to hear that your sweet Munchy died! What heartbreaking news! :sorrow:

As far as your prior thread, many of us (like me) cannot post to the threads in that forum if they were started by others. We do not have enough bird experience to be able to guide someone posting in an emergency situation with their bird. So, you were only receiving posts from the most senior and experienced forum members.

So please do not believe that the members here do not care. We do, and we grieve with you.

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow:

As stated before, none of us are vets and I didn't feel comfortable giving advice about something I haven't had experience with.

Sending Hugs :sadhug2:

SunTruth

Sprinting down the street
Sorry for your loss. I have not seen your post but I can only tell I am like many other persons here, without any experience when it comes to deal with emergency. Now I am sorry if you felt people were letting you down but I really do not think it was the case.

Once again I am sorry for your loss.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
:sad7:
Im sorry you had to experience something so difficult..im so sorry you lost your buddy.

This is just a group of people who love parrots. Not many of us have experience with emergency and sick birds. It also was the middle of the night for myself , im normally not even awake.

I know you keep circling back to the what if, the what if I could have shared the video? That's normal with a traumatic loss. Please know even if you had, we can't recognize a stroke or diagnosis anything.

We do care. I do hurt with you .

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for your loss.:sorrow: I’m also sorry you felt ignored. I saw your post and was waiting for some news. I didn’t respond because I had no further advice and I was waiting to see what the vet said.
:sadhug2:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am very sorry for your loss. Not everyone is on all the time. I typically pop on once or twice a day. It's not that people don't care but either weren't on or perhaps didn't know what help to give.

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Last night about 2 am I heard a noise, my bird (now I know) suffered a stroke that paralyzed his legs, he tried to move his legs by biting them ( that explained blood)so only thing I could do was reach out for this site for help,I thought it was maybe an accident, he got caught up in something in cage, I begged for help from this community,I tried to upload a 7 second video, so that I could show his current condition,I got no comments or advice or help from no one, only one person replied and that was to tell me that I could not load videos unles I put it on YouTube first then I could up load.i took him to aviary profesional vet, he advised me and told me what happened, I understand no one could have prevented the stroke, but I reached out to this community and no one answered the door I am heartbroken and down right very upset at this community, I’m not looking to blame anyone for his death, but I would like an explanation why no one cared not even a little bit.......
I messaged you directly to try to advise regarding uploading a video.

I think it’s unfair to blame the community, as it’s a restriction built into the site itself and not a reflection on people at all.

Just as you would not be blamed for his death, it’s hurtful to push the blame on others who could only do so much without being able to physically see Munchy.

I do hope you get the closure you need. As the saying goes, “hurt people will hurt people” - I do wish you the best, and hope you’re able to feel better at rest in all of this.