• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Mango

TheOddFlock

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
Mango joined the flock on the 20th of December 2019. He is a DNA'd male, pineapple green cheek conure. He hatched on April 25th 2019, and was hand raised.
He doesn't like hands though, and prefers to be out and about, exploring his surroundings and getting into trouble.
He screams when he doesn't get his way, he bits when he doesn't get his way, if I don't pay attention to him he will scream, but if I do pay attention he will just sit there and make little peeps, if I try to get close to him he will bite or run away, depends on how he's feeling. I MUST watch him bathe in the evening so I can change his water, if I don't then he throws his water bowl across the cage and screams. (Sounds familiar) He hates Quinn, fears Elvis, loves the budgies. The budgies don't love him back, Quinn is kept far away from him, and Elvis just wants to be friends.

Honestly, a lot of his behavior remains me of Jordan. Maybe Jordan has come back to haunt me.

Here is a pic of my little goofball.
20200205_114146.jpg
Don't mind his tail, he's molting.

Here's another one, he's sitting with Tyler.
20191220_153328.jpg
Tyler had lost all his tail feathers a few days before this photo...my bad...sorry Tyler.
They seem to get along? Maybe? Or maybe Mango is going to be like Jordan and force Tyler to be with him.

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
He's very cute!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Congratulations! What a handsome fellow! :xflove:

Mitzi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle "Mitzi"
I noticed your pear shaped link is unscrewed. Be sure and check them ever day as birds love to unscrew them. Can get leg band or beak caught and can be very harmful to bird.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So cute!

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats, he's really cute! Are you sure he's a pineapple though? I haven't seen a pineapple with a dark coloured beak before. Maybe @Monica will know.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Good catch @JosienBB !!! That's a dilute green cheek, not a pineapple! ;) Definitely do not see cinnamon, and I don't think I see yellowsided, but a dilute and a yellowsided dilute do look quite similar!

It sounds like Mango is quite communicative with you, but doesn't know how to communicate with you what he's trying to get across.