• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My males singing up a storm

Budgiebonkers

aka Pandapaws23
Avenue Veteran
Moved them to the new flight cages few days ago and today they all where chattering loudly prolly because they have most of their perches and toys back
20210915_121848.jpg

GreenThing

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
The joy! The head puff!

My bigger bird has finally found his lungs :roflmao: Merlin warbles sweetly all day but Percy gets so excited his singing becomes full of beautiful LOUD SQUAWKS just like that! I know there's a pragmatic reason for almost everything birds do, but darn it budgies look like they are bursting with pure joy. YES LOOK AT THEM, MY THINGS THAT I LOVE THEY ARE HERE, I LOVE THEM. :hilarious:

I thought the singing to perches and toys thing was maybe a behavior of budgies without many other budgies around, but I went to a big walk-through aviary at Butterfly World a few weekends ago (all budgies, I had no idea it was there, I about died of happiness), and saw one budgie way up high full-throated singing to and nuzzling a little branch. I would love to ask someone who works with wild caught budgies if they do this, too! It's anthropomorphizing, but I can't help feeling like they want to be friends with the whole world (at least the boys, I suppose ladies have higher standards).

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I thought the singing to perches and toys thing was maybe a behavior of budgies without many other budgies around
It's one behaviour that still fascinates and amuses me. If any of my boys can't find a hen willing to receive the attention they turn to anything to get it out of their systems. The cage frame, perches, my coffee mug. Even a 'dead' millet sprig will get some lovin'. That beak bumping is highly addictive and can get quite furious.

Tikitiel

Meeting neighbors
My cockatiel started whistling with them when i open the video lol:tiel2:

Budgiebonkers

aka Pandapaws23
Avenue Veteran
It's one behaviour that still fascinates and amuses me. If any of my boys can't find a hen willing to receive the attention they turn to anything to get it out of their systems. The cage frame, perches, my coffee mug. Even a 'dead' millet sprig will get some lovin'. That beak bumping is highly addictive and can get quite furious.
Or a wall lol