• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My lovie is pinching my nose

SharFully

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sharona
It's been a while since I posted something. Lately she is finding the courage to come closer to my face. Her cage is a bit smaller from me so I try to connect and bond with her when she is on top of her cage. So yes, she hops very close to my face almost to the point she is going for my eye tho she did nip my glasses.

All jokes aside, today she did something new. Pinching my nose a few times. To be honest I'm a bit afraid of her nicking my nose as those beaks are strength! But she would also preen my hair a bit, unless she was planning to cut it .

Other than that. We've been mostly the same. We do communicate back and forth (she won't even let me sit on the restroom in peace). But now there is this step where she dares to approach my head (not my hands, they're still scary). She sat on my had for a bit yesterday. She even had a split second on my shoulder, I had to use a step up so she could.

But what does the pinching mean? She is so conflicted, or seems like. Wanting to be close but then squeeks in fear, but comes close again and squeek again.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I wouldn´t read too much into it.

But what does the pinching mean?
¨Ooh what´s this, let investigate it.¨ - You might get a gentle pinch first followed by a nip. They´re exploring it. I would just keep her away from your face for a while.
or,
¨don´t get too close¨ - usually a good nip from the get go, or a hard bite. Again, keeping her away from your face can fix this.