• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My husband broke my quarantine law

Birdlove

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I have nothing to add except that they are absolutely stinking cute together!

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
I have nothing to add except that they are absolutely stinking cute together!
Thank you! They are pretty cute! Lady B has been absolutely diabolical since their vet visit! Lol hopefully she has a change of heart and decides she can tolerate me once again. Otherwise, Mordecai is still perfectly lovely.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Thank you! They are pretty cute! Lady B has been absolutely diabolical since their vet visit! Lol hopefully she has a change of heart and decides she can tolerate me once again. Otherwise, Mordecai is still perfectly lovely.
Your description of "her highness" is so accurate of many of the females!
Mine can be "sweet" (?) if she wants to, but if Fergus gets on her nerves he will PAY!
::: insert angry chipmunk sound to imitate Fiona ::: :pinklol:

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
Your description of "her highness" is so accurate of many of the females!
Mine can be "sweet" (?) if she wants to, but if Fergus gets on her nerves he will PAY!
::: insert angry chipmunk sound to imitate Fiona ::: :pinklol:
That is SO accurate!!! B is still the sweetest ever to my husband and 2 older sons, but as soon as I enter the room her entire demeanor changes!!! Mordi will look at me inquisitively and occasionally land, when he doesn't its due to B's interceptions and when he does, she chipmunks at him and eventually intervenes. Its so funny to me, how for whatever reason she feels I am trying to steal her man - when really, we are the only 2 ladies and we should support eachother!!! Lol tonight, mordi came out of their cage to visit me and get some seeds and B raised such a stink she wouldn't let him (and she wouldnt herself) return to the cage until we removed all of the free fly perches and turned on their nightlight. I love the lady, but golly. She is exhausting. Lol

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
They are so cute together :)

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Adorable:heart:

Lori D Pert

Real Name
Lori
Its so funny to me, how for whatever reason she feels I am trying to steal her man - when really, we are the only 2 ladies and we should support eachother!!!
lol. This is exactly the case. You are the competition. Exert your dominance. Give HER the angry chipmunk sound. This is precisely what I did with Sam (my resident Diva). It confused the heck out of her but she did back down. Felt like a darned fool mimicing her angry chipmunk sound back to her but it worked. Now if Sam was a timid little girl I never would have tried this but Sam is a feisty, outgoing and not afraid of anything little hen. Not really sure how the budgie hen hierarchy works but I think I might have achieved the rank of "equal". Maybe...

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
lol. This is exactly the case. You are the competition. Exert your dominance. Give HER the angry chipmunk sound. This is precisely what I did with Sam (my resident Diva). It confused the heck out of her but she did back down. Felt like a darned fool mimicing her angry chipmunk sound back to her but it worked. Now if Sam was a timid little girl I never would have tried this but Sam is a feisty, outgoing and not afraid of anything little hen. Not really sure how the budgie hen hierarchy works but I think I might have achieved the rank of "equal". Maybe...
That is amazing! I will give it a shot!!! Lol

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
That is amazing! I will give it a shot!!! Lol
@Lori D Pert and @NEVRM0RE_ I laughed so hard when I read that!
It reminds me of the year back in the day when I was trying to trim some bushes outside the window, and there was a nest of Bluejays nearby. I had to get a metal pot to put on my head so that Mama Bluejay wouldn't peck me to death! I have pictures (somewhere!)

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
@Lori D Pert and @NEVRM0RE_ I laughed so hard when I read that!
It reminds me of the year back in the day when I was trying to trim some bushes outside the window, and there was a nest of Bluejays nearby. I had to get a metal pot to put on my head so that Mama Bluejay wouldn't peck me to death! I have pictures (somewhere!)
I have been trying it out all week!! It turns out, its really hard to make chipmunk sounds. Lol she just looks at me and turns her head like...what the heck?!?

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
It turns out, its really hard to make chipmunk sounds.
I knowwwww! I SO agree! I can't do it. The best I can do sounds something like - eh eh eh eh ... LOL!

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Mine is like a high pitched "beep beep beep beep!!!!" And she tilts her head at me like....Pardon ME!?!? lol
::: marching right into that living room and announcing -
beep beep beep :::::::::: Oh dear, I got the same look! ;)

Lori D Pert

Real Name
Lori
Mine is like a high pitched "beep beep beep beep!!!!" And she tilts her head at me like....Pardon ME!?!? lol
My sound is kind of a "ba la la la lup". I throw in a look of scorn to go along with it...lol.
::: marching right into that living room and announcing -
beep beep beep :::::::::: Oh dear, I got the same look! ;)
At first Sam looked at me like I'd eaten too much millet but now it's almost a game. She seems to know that it's time to land on me and answer back. I get told off and then I usually get a hair preen and a softer lecture as if to say "Go off Lady, I'll placate you but I still rule". Little hens have personality for days...

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
My sound is kind of a "ba la la la lup". I throw in a look of scorn to go along with it...lol.

At first Sam looked at me like I'd eaten too much millet but now it's almost a game. She seems to know that it's time to land on me and answer back. I get told off and then I usually get a hair preen and a softer lecture as if to say "Go off Lady, I'll placate you but I still rule". Little hens have personality for days...
Ba la la la lup is... the PERFECT sound!!! Lol I will try it today! Bartok also will look at me anticipating my beeps, last night she perched close to me and did her lovey slow blinks so... MAYBE ITS WORKING!!!! She is still a little witch, but I love her for it. Lol HOW BORING WOULD LIFE BE without her drama.