• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures My Hissing Roach Enclosure!!!!

Percy&Ivan

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
So, I finished setting up their tank, and I'm really excited!!!! I used an exoterra terrarium, 12x12x12 (which I was told was HUGE for two roaches! I'll be getting the roaches somewhere around Thursday or Friday I think, and I'll post pictures of them when I do!

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Amazing! Will you be getting two males?

I used to have that exoterra for a pink toe tarantula. For tarantulas they can get their tarsals stuck in fine mesh so I found it made a better other invert or reptile cage unless modified.
:D
I'm sure your roaches will love it.

Percy&Ivan

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Amazing! Will you be getting two males?

I used to have that exoterra for a pink toe tarantula. For tarantulas they can get their tarsals stuck in fine mesh so I found it made a better other invert or reptile cage unless modified.
:D
I'm sure your roaches will love it.

Yes, two males!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
The boys' room is beautiful! The dinosaur is a nice touch. :cool:

I got my first husband 2 black emperor scorpions for Valentine's Day one year, but because we heard that if you are allergic to bees that you shouldn't handle them I was the only one who put their hands in the tank. So I had fun arranging their set up every few weeks. Once I tried planted seeds for flowers, but they had just sprouted before we added more crickets and they mowed them down completely. :grumpy: Another time I found 3 tiny adobe houses at a garage sale and added those to the tank. That was the best set up ever because when the scorpions crawled across the buildings it looked like something out of a horror movie! :rofl:

Percy&Ivan

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
The boys' room is beautiful! The dinosaur is a nice touch. :cool:

I got my first husband 2 black emperor scorpions for Valentine's Day one year, but because we heard that if you are allergic to bees that you shouldn't handle them I was the only one who put their hands in the tank. So I had fun arranging their set up every few weeks. Once I tried planted seeds for flowers, but they had just sprouted before we added more crickets and they mowed them down completely. :grumpy: Another time I found 3 tiny adobe houses at a garage sale and added those to the tank. That was the best set up ever because when the scorpions crawled across the buildings it looked like something out of a horror movie! :rofl:

Thanks, I don't remember where I got it, but it was laying on a shelf lol! Your scorpions sound great! :D

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
So cool! I've never known anyone who kept hissing cockroaches. Please keep on keeping us posted! :)

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
Those are some lucky roaches. :) I like your set up for them.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Those are some macho fellas to pull off that fancy pink bag. :cool4: j/k That is a neat way to ship them, though.

Those guys must be in heaven with that set up! And I agree with @CrazyBirdChick definitely keep keeping us posted!

Percy&Ivan

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
They're still sleeping lol....I can't blame them though...who would want to be in a bag all day for three days:D

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Yay! Happy as a clam already! :bliss: