• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

My Hawkster seems to be constipated...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lainyg

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elaine
My Hawkster has gone to Rainbow Bridge

We had a 12:40 appointment (CAV was coming in early to see him), but I'm sad to say that we didn't make it. :( Hawkster was on the floor of his cage and when he saw the travel cage, he climbed up into the doorway of his cage (with great difficulty) and looked at me as if to say "pick me up". He had no grip strength at all. I put him on the platform I had set up in the travel cage and he tried to stand but didn't have the strength. So I scooped him up in my hand...the jeep was still running outside, ready to go, and I contemplated driving with him like that but I knew it would only be too late. He laid on my chest and looked up at me one last time and I stroked his little head until he was gone.

Fly free my little Hawkster...we'll never forget you.:hug8:

Love
Elaine & Clarence,
Little Girl, TJ, and Fuzzy

merlinsmom13

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Becky
So sorry about your loss. I'm sure his last years were happy living w/you. :hug8:

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Rest in peace little Hawkster. Elaine, I am sure your much loved little guy wanted to be with you as he passed. :hug8:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:sadhug2:

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I am so sorry. Fly free, Hawkster. I'm sure he knew he was loved.

lainyg

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elaine
Thank you all so much for your hugs and kind words...yes, I do believe Hawkster felt safe and knew he was loved. He was never very affectionate and it was hard the last few weeks not being able to hold and comfort him...probably more for me than him! I'm glad I was finally able to do that when it mattered most. Hawkster had an amazing friendship with our lovie, Little Green Monster, who passed on almost 3 years ago. I know they're together again getting into some mischief. I have a short video on facebook of the two of them that will always bring a smile to my face. I shared it publicly so if you search Elaine Gagnon, you should be able to see it on my wall.:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.