• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My green cheek is extremely jumpy and nervous suddenly

Addy.S

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Addison Sandifer
With no known onset, my conure has suddenly become jumpy. He's slightly twitchy, and jumps at the slightest of things, he screeches non stop, in or out of his cage. Generally, when he screeches, it's because he wants out, so, I'll let him out, but even outside of his cage, he is still screeching. He is also flying all over the place, he'll fly several laps around the room before landing either on my head or on top of his cage. Idk what's gotten into him and why he is acting the way he is. This all started yesterday, and I figured it was because we had a lot of guests over, but it's still happening today.

Attachments

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
hello, welcome to you and ( name)?

You are probably right, all the guests spooked him and were a little overwhelming.

Spend a little cuddle time and a chat. Hand feed a few treats. Hopefully all will settle down shortly.

Addy.S

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Addison Sandifer
hello, welcome to you and ( name)?

You are probably right, all the guests spooked him and were a little overwhelming.

Spend a little cuddle time and a chat. Hand feed a few treats. Hopefully all will settle down shortly.
His name is Blu ^ ^
Granted, when I first got him his feathers were more blue at the time (Turquoise green cheek)
I appreciate your reply, I was getting a little worried about him, I'll make sure to give him lots of loving! Thank you!

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Bribes are your friend!!! Lol
Welcome Blu you are beautiful!

My GCC Ta-dah can be sensitive and emotional. Treats and talking it out with her get us back in our happy place quickly! Safflower seeds rule her soul. Plus flattery is her love language.