• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Girls Loooove Pomegranates!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~birdybea~

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
I cut open one of my pomegranates this morning. It was a first for me and a first for the conures (who insist on helping with breakfast preparations), and it was a hit with all of us!

Just one question, are the seeds/pips ok for them to chew up/chew on? I have to assume so cause there's no way to get the teensy bit of fruit off the seeds. The girls actually got surprisingly talented and eating the fruit off and dropping the seed! :D

I've got half a pom. worth of seeds dehydrating now (a full rack), and a partially eaten other half (Savvy couldn't resist) waiting in the fridge for afternoon tea.

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
I think someone mentioned that they remove the seeds. Where are the pictures????:dance5:

~birdybea~

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
Pictures are on the camera which has run out of batteries! I'll get them in the next couple of days though. :D The whole pomegranate is seeds though, so i don't see how you could not feed them to the fids if you're feeding them pomegranate.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
as far as I know you let them eat the seeds but have been doing research on it
:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.